Discontinued Grand Am GT [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Discontinued Grand Am GT

gf_ftd
12-14-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm new on the site, and I am pretty sure you all are aware of the discontinuing of the Grand Am and replacement with G6. Anyway, I have a Grand Am GT and I am wondering what I should do in case I need parts, especially since the Pontiac Grand Am GT is a limited vehicle. Also is the GT's parts interchangible with other Pontiacs like Bonneville, Grand Prix, Older Grand Am's, etc, and also what about Alero's or other brands?

Mirage85
12-14-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm new on the site, and I am pretty sure you all are aware of the discontinuing of the Grand Am and replacement with G6. Anyway, I have a Grand Am GT and I am wondering what I should do in case I need parts, especially since the Pontiac Grand Am GT is a limited vehicle. Also is the GT's parts interchangible with other Pontiacs like Bonneville, Grand Prix, Older Grand Am's, etc, and also what about Alero's or other brands?

You have nothing to worry about, there will be parts for these things for years and year and years after yours dies.

coupe
12-14-2006, 05:26 PM
True that

SikMindz
12-14-2006, 05:29 PM

The GAGT is a limited production vehicle?? News to me! lol

Just messing with ya.

Anyways, mechanically the 3.4L GAGT parts will all almost be interchangeable with Alero and GASE. Aesthetically all body panels are interchangeable between the GT and SE. For more information, please check out the stickied threads in each section and use the search button located at the top right of your screen.

Welcome to the forums!

DrFabulous
12-14-2006, 05:31 PM
You will have no problem finding GA parts anywhere for a long time.

Welcome!

ryanbgb22
12-14-2006, 08:11 PM
i believe that car manufacturers are required to keep producing parts for at least 10 years after they stop production. (i think)

stangdude
12-14-2006, 09:42 PM
You can even still get Oldsmobile parts for the Aleros and stuff even though Olds went under in what, 04? GM took over and you can still get parts for them guaranteed through like 2015 or so

Mirage85
12-15-2006, 07:46 AM
Well look at it this way, you can still get parts for the old corsica that was disco'd in 95-96ish. It will be awhile, and there is always after market and junkyards.

williamGT
12-15-2006, 12:01 PM
i believe that car manufacturers are required to keep producing parts for at least 10 years after they stop production. (i think)
Thats true. I heard the same thing..But from Ford.