Driver Seat Issue [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Driver Seat Issue

slickjoe
12-20-2006, 10:45 AM
I posted a while ago and didn't really seem to get much help on it, but whenver I get into the car or go over a bump, my seat squeaks. I decided to work with it, I moved all the way back into the seat then moved up closer to the edge of the seat, and it squeaked. Then i moved all the way back into the seat and it squeaked again. Someone mentioned there is only 2 screws holding the seat on. But I am not able to locate them anywhere. Can someone please help me out?

williamGT
12-20-2006, 02:58 PM
mines the same.

gectek
12-20-2006, 03:53 PM
they are the 2 bolts/screws under the plastic caps behind the seat in the rear floor board. when you get those loose, take the head rest off, recline the seatback all the way to the back, then lift up and towards the hood on the back of the seat. then pull the seat backwards. its not that hard and once you have done it once, its not hard at all.

thats how i change my pass seat to the driver seat whenever i go racing. dont forget to unhook the electrical on the seat before lifting, itll be on the back floorborad right under the bottom cushion

the screws look like a torx bit on the inside but i thin you can use an 18 or 21 to take them off, since they are hex on the outside

BadGT471
12-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Mine squeaks too... I've learned to just live with it. I plan on getting rid of the car within the next couple of months, so at this point, who really cares, hahaha..