coolant flushing [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : coolant flushing

Y.K.Y.W.T.P
12-22-2006, 07:55 PM
ok so I did a search and could'nt really find what I was looking for. Tomorrow I'm heading to PEP BOY'S and getting a Haynes Manaual(02 Grand Am GT). I want to flush all of that crappy DEX-COOL goo. I printed out some ideas. Like one guy says to remove the thermostat so I don't have to keep waiting for the car to warm up. I also read the tutorial on how to use the PRESTONE FLUSH KIT. But it doesn't make any freakin sense. Will it be the same if I just use a COOLANT FLUSHING agent and run that through the system 5-6 times and drain it. It will probaly take longer, but I think it would be less messy. Any opinions would greatly help. I really don't know anything about car repair.

iceman
12-22-2006, 08:27 PM
I used the prestone flush thinger..

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23454&highlight=prestone+flush

Y.K.Y.W.T.P
12-22-2006, 10:51 PM
OKAY!. So where do you actually plug the T in? It says somewhere (after slicing) in the heater-inlet hose. Which one is that? I went to Kragen and PEP BOYS and they both don't have the repair manuals. And after I do that .....what am I supposed to be aware of in regard to mess. Like where is the sludge going to splurt out of. How long do I leave the hose on. Is it gonna stain my drive way??? That kind of stuff.

iceman
12-22-2006, 10:54 PM
OKAY! Read my link and look at the pic.

Y.K.Y.W.T.P
12-23-2006, 10:37 AM
okay got it. Now where should I expect the sludge to come out. Should I unplug the second radiator hose? Or should I just leave the drain ****(that's funny it edited kock???) open?

Y.K.Y.W.T.P
12-23-2006, 02:49 PM
thx..I did it.