A hood question and hello [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : A hood question and hello

GrandAm_GT
12-24-2006, 06:19 PM
I have a quick question, but first, this is my first post here and want to say wuzup. My Grandmother bought a new car and gave me her 1997 Grand Am GT for Christmas. She has had it since 2000 and I have been beging for it since then. It's all black with dark gray interior.

Now for my first question: In this thread, http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65447, The hood on this Grand Am is very nice. Is this a stock hood for the 2004? If not what kind is it? If it is stock, will that same hood fit my car without any mods?

Rich
12-24-2006, 06:38 PM
hello and welcome. that is the sc/t hood which you can get on 99+ GA's. you could have gotten it at the dealer or can get a similiar one at www.pfyc.com or rksport.com. unfortunately, since there different body styles i dont believe it will fit and would, i'm sure, take way to much modification to make fit. also, this is the best site for 99+ grand am's and an all around awesome site. but, you would probably find some better info for your year at www.gaownersclub.com.

gectek
12-24-2006, 06:43 PM
yah, before the redesign/upgrade, pfyc.com used to have a branch off link for the 96-08 ga's, it was on the grand am page(cant find it now) maybe you should drop them a line and see if they still have the links and info

also check out some of the sponsor's websites, they may have some of the stuff you are looking for

GrandAm_GT
12-24-2006, 08:07 PM
well, thanx for the info. I'll check out those places. There is alot of nice rides on this forum.