Fuel pressure gauge install problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pressure gauge install problem

lastyear4gt
12-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Well, I went to start the installation of my gauges today and well, I ran into a problem with the fuel pressure.

As you all know the room where the test port is is very limited. So what I did was removed the valve core, and installed a nitrous line to the port to run the line to a remote location where the sender is.

The problem I am incountering is that the test port is just spinning when I put a wrench on it, so obviously I cant tighten the line to the fuel rail. Back to the drawing board.

When I worked at the dealer, there used to be a quick connect adapter to screw to the test port and then a 90* elbow on the test gauge hose that cliped into it, but I couldnt find anything like that.

Any other suggestions?

drumking1721
12-27-2006, 04:38 PM
i had the same problem,i could never get it so i have the gauge sitting in a box in my apartment. Mine would also spin like that too and i wouldnt get the proper seal and it would leak all the time

drumking1721
01-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Has anyone found a way to hook the fitting to fuel rail so it wont leak?

gectek
01-14-2007, 06:03 PM
look at a hardware store, im sure that they have what you are looking for, if not look on earls performance plumbing webiste or on russel's website, they prob have what u want. anyone that sells the gauges should have diff adapters to make them work

drumking1721
01-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Bc i had a brass fitting from Casper that went on there...it would leak and then eventually break...Bc i need a fuel pressure gauge

gectek
01-14-2007, 06:10 PM
well i think i was looking at the gauges from dakota digital and they had the adapters there. but the earls website or russel should have what u want, just find the thread type that you need

drumking1721
01-14-2007, 06:25 PM
k well that brings me to my next question,does anyone know the size that fits on the end of the fuel rail??

gectek
01-14-2007, 06:28 PM
i think some of the tool companies have a large set of fuel press tap adapters and fitting that can be purchased also, just run down a local auto parts store, or a tool guy like mac or snap on, they are more exp, but good quality

Sprucegagt
01-15-2007, 06:30 AM
k well that brings me to my next question,does anyone know the size that fits on the end of the fuel rail??

The service port fitting is -4 AN.

drumking1721
01-15-2007, 09:09 AM
^^^ thank you much!

lastyear4gt
01-15-2007, 03:49 PM
I hooked mine up with a -4 AN female flare adapter and a nitrous line to remotely mount the sensor. I used a tiny pare of needle nose pliers to hold the fitting at the rail and tighten up the fitting. Dont know if it leaks yet, and wont know for a few months yet, but I think it will be OK.

NOTE: If you remotely mount the sensor, you will most likely need to ground the gauge, since it is grounded through the threads on the sender. I did this by soldering a small wire with an eyelit at one end to the sensor close to the threads and put the eyelit under a bolt of appropriate size.