Neon light, plus heat...? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Neon light, plus heat...?

BadGT471
01-01-2007, 06:00 PM
I am sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I'm not really sure where I should post this. Anyway's, I have some neon lights (I believe they're from Oznium.com). Anyway's, they are mounted underneath the front dashboard on both the driver's and passenger side. I've always been hesitant to turn the heat on the floor, thinking that maybe it will cause problems with the neon light. However, lately, I've been thinking that since the actual light is encased in a hard plastic, perhaps turning the heat on the floor will be ok. Does anyone else on here have neon lights under the dash and still use the floor vent for heat? If someone could shed some light on this issue, that would be great. I just don't want to bust my neon, but I really do like the floor vent a lot better than some of the other choices.

Thanks,
Jeff

tenspeed
01-01-2007, 06:39 PM
I had a 18" neon on my strut tower brace. It's about a foot above the exhaust header.

Don't worry about a little floor heat.

digitalballz
01-01-2007, 07:18 PM
used to have them in my car, and always had the heat on floor with no problems.

blkgagt
01-01-2007, 10:33 PM
I have two blue neons under my dash one on each sides, I never have the heat off from the floor and defrost mode, and I have my lights on all the time, no prob for me.

R.C.