Got trans fixed now power steering problem. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Got trans fixed now power steering problem.

RyanB
01-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Ok I recently went and had my transmission fixed. Things are great with the transmission it could not be better. Here is my dilema now my power sterring has gone out. When I took my car to be worked on it was working just fine. Well they told me that they checked it out and didnt see anything wrong with it. I also checked the fluid level and there is no whistlleing sound so I am not sure it is the pump because wouldnt that go in time not all of a sudden?? Anyways I am going to take it back but what might the problem be the belt, could that have pinched a line??? THanks for looking..
Would this be something that the trans shop would have done??

AaronGTR
01-04-2007, 12:20 PM
It wouldn't be a problem with the belt. Since the powersteering lines and rack are very close to the transmission (the rear mount goes right over the rack) it's possible they might have damaged something while re-installing it. It could also be a coincidence though. If they had damaged a line or something it would be pretty obvious because it would be leaking fluid and the pump would be making noise if the fluid got low. It's hard to say without seeing the car. Just gonna have to take it back and have them look at it. Good luck.

RyanB
01-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the help