Hand brake question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hand brake question

el nino
01-12-2007, 09:47 PM
ok so whenever i try to burn out with the hand brake the rpms just go to about 2k and then it just seems to let got and it does it over and over again? is there any limitor not letting me get past it or what?

also my car seems to be having hard starts any idea what it could be?

pyro
01-12-2007, 09:52 PM
ok so whenever i try to burn out with the hand brake the rpms just go to about 2k and then it just seems to let got and it does it over and over again? is there any limitor not letting me get past it or what?

also my car seems to be having hard starts any idea what it could be?

i dont know why youd need to be burning out so much (or even at all) that you require the use of the handbrake...'id try searching around more, im sure its been covered. The hard starts could be the same issue, and is far too general of a question. Hard starts as in accelerating, or turning over? You need to be more specific.

el nino
01-12-2007, 10:01 PM
sorry the hard start are for when its turning over. and as of the burning out i never said i did it at all since i cant even do it, but when i tried and this happend it kind of concerned me thats all.

gectek
01-12-2007, 10:01 PM
do u turn the trac control off to burn out

pyro
01-12-2007, 10:35 PM
do u turn the trac control off to burn out

that was my initial thought, but i gave him more credit than that. lol

gectek
01-12-2007, 10:36 PM
well i speak from exp on that one im sad to say, i was doing it to clean the trash off for a drag, forgot to turn the trac off and the car took a crap and i looked like an idiot, but eveyone knew it was accident cuz it was my 3rd pass of the day

el nino
01-12-2007, 10:41 PM
;crap opppsss my bad... now i feel like an idiot i shoulda known better since sometimes i just take the traction control off for no reason lol. i wonder if thats all it is and im not sure if i wana try it since my tires are already almost bare and have to last me till spring.

gectek
01-12-2007, 10:47 PM
it really doesnt take off as much tread as people think, but with the 4t45 open diff, the one wheel burnouts arent all that to be desired, kinda like r!ce, but you could do that to make sure thats all it is, im almost 100% sure it is, cuz the trac will do abs and engine management to make sure the wheels stop slipping one way or another