Proving highway miles [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Proving highway miles

nivek98
01-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Is there any way to display the total hours your 2001 GAGT in order to see the average miles per hour? I know some cars have it built in the options to display, but I dont know of any way to tell on the grand ams... just seeing if anyone knows anything about that... Thanks

badboy2451
01-13-2007, 05:50 PM
just reset your tripometer before you drive and write down the time you start your trip, then drive to you destination, figure out your total amount of time spent driving then divide your total miles by that total time(of course by an hourly rate, not a minute rate)

i.e. if you drive 200 miles in 3 hours then the equation would look like this
200/3= 66.6 average mph

Mike Jung
01-13-2007, 05:53 PM
I think he wants is an engine hour clock/counter.

To try to figure how long the engine has been on.

It helps you to tell how worn the engine is.
When you can't count by mileage.

Like in a work truck that idles all day long.

I would love to have an engine hour counter (built-in).
It would help me figure my extended oil change interval schedule.
I'm guesing that I will be doing a once a year / 300 engine hours oil change interval.

gectek
01-13-2007, 09:44 PM
i think gm can tell u on their service programs, but no scan tool without the gm hookup and online gm data can do that

the only thing and aftermarker scanner will tell u is the current run time from the time u start it

Malaclypse
01-14-2007, 12:27 AM
As far as I've seen, the only GM vehicles that monitor "Engine operating hours" are late model, full-size pickups and medium duty vehicles. No tricks with the Tech 2. No fancy way to tell through GMVIS.

gectek
01-14-2007, 12:28 AM
i always thought that there was a total run time on the pcm that could be viewed, my bad

nivek98
01-14-2007, 12:42 AM
i always thought that there was a total run time on the pcm that could be viewed, my bad

Me too...