ABS Computer and Wiring harness [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : ABS Computer and Wiring harness

tomh
01-17-2007, 08:49 AM
ok anyone know if the wiring harness can be replaced easily? or is it impossible?
is it a separate wire for each wheel? (I really only want to replace the right one)

any know the part number for the wire and abs computer?

gectek
01-17-2007, 11:52 AM
right one in front or rear? and the wiring harnesses are very easy, just unclip and put new ones in place, the harnesses from GM even have the fasteners and ties on the new harnesses in the right places. the wiring harness for the rear is all one piece, but it only cost around $30 when i bought mine. i dont remember the part#, but you can call your dealer and ask. also since gm parts direct charge hellacious shipping and dont always ship on time, i would take the # and go to SDPC2000.com , its the website for scoggin ****ey in lubbock tx, they are almost as cheap with their parts and their shipping est are better and they ship very fast. just go there and enter the part # that you got and thats it.

also when you put the new harness back in, make sure to apply dielectric grease to all the connections to make a water tight and dirt resistant seal

why do you want a new ABS comp?

also the abs comp whether new or used will have to be service programmed by the dealership or it wont work right.

tomh
01-17-2007, 01:23 PM
its for the right front sorry..

why the abs comp? because i really dont know whats wrong wiith the car, its got to be the comp, or the wire

do you know if the front wheels are are sperate wires? or a part number for the front right one?

i guess ill try and see if its the wire first, then if that doesnt work i guess ill have to take it to the dealer

tomh
01-17-2007, 01:56 PM
i found the part numbers..

Harness, Front Sensor 99-01 R 12167653 $98.51
Harness, Front Sensor L 12167654 $117

you know if the front ones are easy to replace?

gectek
01-17-2007, 02:35 PM
yah not bad at all, just better to have the inner fender liner taken out to ease everything. just follow the routing, and ull b ok, if you have questions on the routing, i would go to the dealer and have them pull up the diagram of it, and then look at the exploded view, thats very helpful