My Threads Are Disappearing [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : My Threads Are Disappearing

King Justice
01-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Hi.

I've been noticing some of my threads are disappearing. It seems to me like you guys are thinking I'm just trying to bump my post count. If that was true, you'd see none of my posts would actually have content and I'd have a signature linking to some site as that's the purpose for even spamming on a forum.

I'm really trying to learn here at this forum but recent hostility towards me is difficult. I don't know much about cars...I only know how to drive, and that's that. I'm trying to learn more information here, and more information about my car, but by deleting my threads, I'm learning nothing.

One of my threads questioned whether or not smaller tires improved car performance. I still would like to know the answer to that question. I read the FAQs...I know how to use a forum; I asked simply because I did not see it answered and because I did not understand.

I want to know things before I go out and spend $2,000+ on rims, etc.
Please help me out.

Thank you.

jackal2000
01-17-2007, 05:52 PM
have you tried searching the forums?

King Justice
01-17-2007, 05:58 PM
have you tried searching the forums?
Yes...

Rich
01-17-2007, 05:58 PM
your threads are being locked and subsequently deleted because the subjects have been talked about before. we are more than willing to help here but you have to put a little effort in for yourself. in case you missed it, heres a thread about the smaller tires.

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?p=820086#post820086

jackal2000
01-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Yes...

i meant, have you searched the forums for the answer to your questions? not for your threadz lol

williamGT
01-17-2007, 09:21 PM
*iagree* ....with mr sparkles...(rich)

nascarnate326
01-17-2007, 09:24 PM
FYI this thread could be locked, as its pretty much useless, and your question was answered. Welcome to GAGT.com

iceman
01-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Read these since you haven't already: http://www.grandamgt.com/forum_guidelines.html

If you post a thread that's been discussed numerous times, it's going to get locked and deleted without notice. Theres a high probability that anything you are going to ask has been discussed before.. dig up that thread and reply away.

gectek
01-17-2007, 09:46 PM
use this formula for tires. (rpm*tire dia in inches)/(overall ratio*336)=MPH
overall ratio for the se should be 3.05 in 3rd and GT 3.29 in 3rd. take the formula and measure your stock tire height, then measure the height of the aftermarket tires(installed on the rims) and substitue those into the equation

this will give you the effective ratio for your vehicle, what you will find is that if you use a smaller combination height wise, you get a better effective ratio

iceman
01-17-2007, 09:53 PM
or you can just use the good old tire size calculator.. something else been posted more times than siks mom serviced the members here

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

King Justice
01-17-2007, 10:12 PM
or you can just use the good old tire size calculator.. something else been posted more times than siks mom serviced the members here

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
That has nothing to do with what I was saying. I'm asking about performance.. =\

gectek
01-17-2007, 10:13 PM
what i posted gives you the formula for performance, less dia = better perf on the track and street

Sprucegagt
01-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Smaller tires = larger final drive gear number. Basically acceleration will be great, but top speed will be limited and gas mileage will take a dive.

Please in the future read through the sticky threads in every section. They give the basics to almost anything about your car. After that, for further indepth information please search. Most likely it has been discussed before.

pyro
01-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Smaller tires = larger final drive gear number. Basically acceleration will be great, but top speed will be limited and gas mileage will take a dive.

Please in the future read through the sticky threads in every section. They give the basics to almost anything about your car. After that, for further indepth information please search. Most likely it has been discussed before.

:werd