turn signals not working [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : turn signals not working

infernoGT
01-22-2007, 06:08 PM
i have had the recall done. i don't have the random clicking issue, but my turn signals don't work.

if it's the stalk, would that cause my hazard switch to not work? if it does, then i can just clean the contacts and everything will work.... right?

if it doesn't, then i'll just buy a new stalk.

thanks in advance.... it's annoying to drive around without turn signals.

pyro
01-22-2007, 06:10 PM
check your fuses and if the plug is in all the way on the hazard button?

infernoGT
01-22-2007, 07:33 PM
the plug is in and how would i go about checking the fuses

pyro
01-22-2007, 09:01 PM
your owners manual has the guide for that. IIRC its under the hood, a maxi fuse

Sprucegagt
01-23-2007, 07:50 AM
I would check your bulbs as well.

gectek
01-23-2007, 09:49 AM
well it could be a bad hazzard sw...the fuse for that is the drivers side fuse panel bottom 15a fuse i think...the signals run through the turn signal from the multi switch, thats what also make the clicking, and if you have a bad fuse or bad sw, then it wont work at all. with the hazzard pushed in, but the fuse blown, the turns wont work at all.

infernoGT
01-23-2007, 05:56 PM
the bulbs work 'cuz my lights flash when i use my keyless entry.... so i'm guessing the fuses are fine and its the contacts in the switch.

if the cleaning works- it works. if not, i'll just buy a new multifunction switch.

Sprucegagt
01-23-2007, 09:40 PM
the bulbs work 'cuz my lights flash when i use my keyless entry.... so i'm guessing the fuses are fine and its the contacts in the switch.

Wrong. The turn signal bulbs operate on a different circuit. Just because the running lights turn on does not mean the turn signal bulbs work. Turn the ignition switch on and turn on your turn signal switch. Check all of the amber bulbs up front and the two lower corner red bulbs in each tail light for each side activated.

ryanbgb22
01-24-2007, 07:47 AM
i had a problem that my left signal would stay on no matter what all the time, it ended up being a bad trailer wiring harness that i got from uhaul. During my search for the problem i checked all connections for every light, checked every bulb, followed wiring back as far as i could, and had the recall done. Someone also told me to check the ground on the relay that is located on the fender well next to the air box. Take off that relay and make sure its getting a good ground.

infernoGT
01-24-2007, 02:36 PM
i did clean the contacts and it didn't work.

so i just took it to the dealer 'cuz was i was annoyed at my car and bored of driving my dad's car.

turns out that it was the hazard switch... hasn't even been a month since i had it done.

thanks for all your help.