newbie from ST. Louis [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : newbie from ST. Louis

outkast
01-28-2007, 12:54 AM
Hi everybody, I'm new here, just stopping in to say hi, I own a 2000 chevy malibu, but always came here since ya'll have some good info...Our cars have some stuff in common so I'll just keep trolling around...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/outkast_/newpics073.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/outkast_/newpics079.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/outkast_/newpics090.jpg

Rich
01-28-2007, 12:59 AM
nice. i think its tastefully modded except for the blue angel eyes. i think they would flow better if they were yellow/amber or white. what springs you got on there? what do you have from MP? again, nice work :thumbs:

outkast
01-28-2007, 01:04 AM
thanks rich....I went with the blue, because they seemed "white" enough to drive with without hassle...I was wrong, and to date it has been the worst mod I've ever done. They are very fragile, and not designed to deal with moisture...when they quit, they won't get replaced...

As far as MP, I currently have a CAI, and a PCM tune. soon to come are a 3 point STB,and zex nitrous. I like Mark alot, and am a big fan of his products...chances are I will keep buying his products as long as he makes them...

outkast
01-28-2007, 01:05 AM
BTW...those are springtech springs...advertised at a 1.8 drop...after about 3 months, I'm sitting around 2.25.

Rich
01-28-2007, 01:15 AM
thanks rich....I went with the blue, because they seemed "white" enough to drive with without hassle...I was wrong, and to date it has been the worst mod I've ever done. They are very fragile, and not designed to deal with moisture...when they quit, they won't get replaced...

thats too bad theyve been a hassle. whered you get the angel eyes from?

outkast
01-28-2007, 01:18 AM
www.jabtech.com diy kits...I don't know how you guys do it, but we use ccfl rings from computer fans...

Ajaxus
01-28-2007, 02:43 AM
www.jabtech.com diy kits...I don't know how you guys do it, but we use ccfl rings from computer fans...

some guys are removing them from the angeleye fog's, we have a set of instructions on here somewhere that iceman wrote on how to change the color of the halo, something to search for.

very nice bu btw, really digging it. i take it you are going more of the performance route from what you have and what you're planning to get from mark?

outkast
01-28-2007, 07:13 AM
yup...the bling bling check my pockets for cocaine rims are now gone, soon to be replaced in a few weeks by some 18.8.5 motegi dpks in hyper black... also tossing around the idea of a cruiser kits, but thats prolly gonna wait..as far as the eyes from the fogs, I never heard it, I'll have to check on that, we need the 80mm ones to fit ours and I don't know those sizes...

nascarnate326
01-28-2007, 07:32 AM
those halo's are sweet.

pyro
01-28-2007, 07:47 AM
*welcome*
i agree with rich, it all looks good cept for the halo's. :/

Grreen99GT
01-28-2007, 08:34 AM
looks good, but get license plate holders without writing on them

outkast
01-28-2007, 10:52 AM
looks good, but get license plate holders without writing on them

LOL....been looking for somthing I liked lately...just haven't found it yet...

thanks everyone for the welcome

Bryan
01-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Lookin nice dude. Those grilles change the front end a lot

BigBL87
01-30-2007, 12:56 AM
LOL....been looking for somthing I liked lately...just haven't found it yet...

thanks everyone for the welcome

I go with my Lincoln Christian College frame. I don't even like the college, but I tell ya what, I think that and my LCC window sticker have gotten me out of 2 tickets :). I really like the car though. I'm with everyone on the angel eyes, but they aren't the worst I've seen by far. Welcome from a fellow noobie!