speeding ticket in ohio [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : speeding ticket in ohio

ryanbgb22
01-29-2007, 05:05 PM
I didnt know where to post this question and i figured this was the best fit.

I was coming home from ohio and got stopped for speeding on the I71. The ticket i got is worth four points in New York but according to a NYS driving book i got: "Out-of-state traffic convictions are not added to you NYS 'violation point' driving record."

So im wondering, is my insurance gonna recognize this ticket, or what exactly is going to happen?

Hawaii_GT
01-29-2007, 09:47 PM
It should... your license/vehicle will come up on the blotter more than likely so your insurance company probably will find out... but no one says you gotta tell em.

But yeah, I hate Ohio's Speed Laws. You gotta drive granny in that state.

GO WOLVERINES!

notsoaveragej0e
01-30-2007, 01:09 AM
^^Amen to Ohio being useless. Not sure on the points thing, but Hawaii GT, did/do you go to Michigan?

MMGT1
01-30-2007, 04:50 AM
Don't say anything, and hope for the best bud!!

ERock01
01-30-2007, 07:03 AM
Hey, i heard of a scam - if you delibertly over pay the ticket, then the state of Ohio has to issue you a check in the amount you over paid. if you never cash/deposit the check the points will never go to your licence, therefore your insurance wont go up either.

coupe
01-30-2007, 07:17 AM
Hey, i heard of a scam - if you delibertly over pay the ticket, then the state of Ohio has to issue you a check in the amount you over paid. if you never cash/deposit the check the points will never go to your licence, therefore your insurance wont go up either.

Thats a myth

ssc116
01-30-2007, 09:50 AM
In 2001, I got a speeding ticket in North Ridgeville, OH. I was in my compant truck at the time. The company was pretty good at tracking the moving violations entered for their vehicles. We didn't have to pay into insurance unless we were caught. I worked for that company for 3 years after that and I never had to pay an insurance payment to them. Also, the insurance for my regular car never went up.

Phuxed
01-30-2007, 12:47 PM

I remember last summer when someone told me about that lol. Definately not true.

Molson
01-30-2007, 04:36 PM
this is not a newbie, nor a faq question.