hood wont open [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : hood wont open

ryanbgb22
02-03-2007, 02:57 PM
my mom has a '98 gmc jimmy and it seems as if the hood cable has streached out enough for it to not pop the hood. What can be done inorder to get the hood to pop?

Gizm0815
02-03-2007, 03:12 PM
see if u can find the cable and grab it with a pliers and release the hood then replace the cable.

PLUM_72
02-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Sometimes if you have someone push down on the hood over the latch area, while another person pulls the release inside the car, problematic hoods may open.

ryanbgb22
02-03-2007, 03:56 PM
just got it open, thanks for the input.
its hard to explain but obivously to pop the hood you need to pull the handel, when the handel it pulled it half releases the latch, when you let go of the handel the hood releases the rest of the way. the problem was her cable got froze at the pulled position, meaning the latch was half open. so after pulling i shook the hood really good and it eventually released, after it was open i worked wd-40 into the cable and everything now works fine.

digitalballz
02-03-2007, 03:56 PM
see if u can find the cable and grab it with a pliers and release the hood then replace the cable.

What he said!!

ryanbgb22
02-03-2007, 04:03 PM
What he said!!

not exactly, i didnt need to grab the calbe with plyers, the handel pulled the cable far enough to unlatch, the cable just wouldnt return its self. reguardless thanks for the help, im so glad i dont have to hear her complain about that any more lol