Volume Changes and Turn Signal Problems [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Volume Changes and Turn Signal Problems

string3599
02-05-2007, 10:02 PM
OK, I have two problems and I am not sure if they are related. I have a 99 GAGT.

1) Sometimes my turn signals will stop working. In order to get them working again, I have to press the emergency flashers and then they will work (until they stop again). This has been happening for about a year.

2) The volume on my radio will go up and down by itself. I have found no pattern to this whatsoever. It just does it at random times while I am driving. Also, the display changes to the radio station number so it is like it thinks I am actually turning the knob or pushing the button on the steering wheel. This is the stock radio system (premium). This has happened for the past couple weeks.

Also my keyless entry has stopped working. I have changed the batteries in the remotes and have tried to do the reset thing and nothing has worked.

I know these problems are really weird but I hope someone has an idea on what might be going on here. I can live with these things but hope it is not a sign of bad things to come.

Thank you for any input.

string3599
02-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Any ideas?

Rich
02-09-2007, 11:08 PM
2) well since i assume youve had your ga awhile its probably not that built in thing where your radio gets louder as you go faster. it also could just be the radio crapping out. on my '01, my monsoon acts a bit funny at times and im pretty sure ive read about some other people having issues with theres as well. just some thoughts.

harvester45
02-09-2007, 11:39 PM
1.) There might be something wrong with the hazards switch, since pushing it fixes the problem.

2.) Are there any set circumstances when the radio will change volumes/display? It might be that you just need to get in there with some electrical contact cleaner and spray the volume knob and the lcd contact strip. Or go the easy and better route and upgrade your head unit to an aftermarket one. They even make kits where you can retain your steering wheel controls. It's kind of expensive, but it does improve the functionality, appearance, and sound quality in your car.

For the keyless entry, are there fuses that it uses? I'd check those, but other than that, I don't know.

Just some suggestions. I hope this helps!

GTLUVA
02-10-2007, 10:16 AM
OK, I have two problems and I am not sure if they are related. I have a 99 GAGT.

1) Sometimes my turn signals will stop working. In order to get them working again, I have to press the emergency flashers and then they will work (until they stop again). This has been happening for about a year.

2) The volume on my radio will go up and down by itself. I have found no pattern to this whatsoever. It just does it at random times while I am driving. Also, the display changes to the radio station number so it is like it thinks I am actually turning the knob or pushing the button on the steering wheel. This is the stock radio system (premium). This has happened for the past couple weeks.

Also my keyless entry has stopped working. I have changed the batteries in the remotes and have tried to do the reset thing and nothing has worked.

I know these problems are really weird but I hope someone has an idea on what might be going on here. I can live with these things but hope it is not a sign of bad things to come.

Thank you for any input.

My mom has a 2000 Sunfire and she has the stock cd radio in her car and her radio will be stuck and you you can't turn the volume down it drives me nuts.