GA does not start. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : GA does not start.

rocketfast123
02-12-2007, 07:34 PM
I had my car parked on a very steep hill. Every time i park on this hill the car starts fine. But tonight it did not. It turns over fine. No odd lights. The only way i got the to car "pop" was turning it on and off very quickly then tring to start it. I hit the gas when it ties to start and it starts to rev but a second later it dies. Needless to say my redtop battery is not to happy with me. But it seem like passlock stuff. I tried a new key and nothing.

The security light is on solid when i put the key in. I try and start it and the light goes out. It only comes back on when i take the key out and put it back in.

Also I'm guessing it might be the switch itself. Ever since i got the car in 2002 I could pull the key out while it was still running.

As for gas I have a little under a half.

This the first time it happen. I had to get it towed home.

I did get it run for 5 seconds by putting some sea foam down the TB. So I'm guessing i have a fuel problem somewhere. The pump works fine as far as i can tell. It doesn't make any weird sounds. I'm gonna put some fuel stabilizer in and lets see what happens. I dunno what going on with this car. At least when my wagon does not start I know what wrong with it.

nascarnate326
02-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Its passlock. Wait like 15 min, and try it again. Perhaps the ignition cylinder needs to be replaced. I had the exact same problem for a while (i could take key out while running) and i think I started a thread. Its been covered. Its super frustrating, I know.

rocketfast123
02-12-2007, 11:17 PM
I did the waiting thing. But my security light is not flashing.

rocketfast123
02-13-2007, 01:28 AM
hmmm gonna have the coil pack tested tomorrow.

rocketfast123
02-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Tested and all came out good. Where on the 2.4 do you test the fuel pressure? Another thing, my SES light is on when i try and start it. I donno if that normal or not.

Also I'm thinking it might be the switch itself, not the key part. My friend's 92 tempo was doing the same thing like my car. Turn out the plastic part of the switch had split. I don't believe it's passlock since my security light is not flashing.