Installing high flow cat, need input [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Installing high flow cat, need input

justcoolin05
02-13-2007, 01:33 PM
I just order a no name aftermarket universal high flow cat, (along with 2 mufflers). Now, the company that sells it says it's OBDII compliant, but I am wondering a few things. I know that the O2 sensor is before the cat, but has anyone had any problems after installing a high flow cat? A problem like it tripping the engine light to come on, because the O2 sensor is reading wrong because of the high flow cat? I am taking it to the shop in a month to get the custom pipe work done, and everything installed. I just don't want to install this cat and then it starts tripping the O2 sensor. The mechanics said as long as the cat is really OBDII compliant it shouldn't trip the O2 sensor, ecspecially because the O2 sensor is before the cat. Any input would be appreciated.

lone_wolf025
02-13-2007, 01:48 PM
First off don't make two threads for the same question.

Second high-flows are a toss up. Some don't trigger a light some do. Also there is a O2 sensor after the cat as well with a stock setup hence why it'd throw a code if there was no cat. Just throw it on and if you throw a code either get a O2 simulator or have someone who can tune the pcm to disable the code.

Third: SEARCH next time.