Bumper Replacement [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Replacement

TFA
02-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Can anyone tell, or illustrate how to replace a front bumper on a '03 GT?

XtremeGaGt00
02-17-2007, 01:50 PM
just off my memory....i had to replace mine once...theres the 4 clips on top of th motor under where the hood closes...that them out, also take off the ram air shroud....then under neith the car theres bolts holding it on by the wheels..in each wheel well on both sides, theres clips/bolts holding it in there too to the splash guards...then on the front of them bumper....there should be 2 bolts under your pontiac plae where your license plate would go, OR if you dont have that on they are the bolts holding your license plate on..ALSO...inside the wheel well..im pretty sure theres 3 bolts on each side holding the bumper and fender together too...

TFA
02-17-2007, 02:00 PM
so how difficult would was it for you? is everything in easily-reachable distance?

tenspeed
02-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Put the car up on ramps and remove the headlights. Spray the fender/bumper nuts and bolts with WD40. The rest are the push pins like Jay said.

I used long extensions to get to the fender bolts from the wheel well area. They were rusted tight. 10 mm IIRC.

wushdishmeen
02-22-2007, 02:11 PM
I switched a bumper in 15 minutes flat. This was probably because I've done it once before. But seriously you'll realize how cheap GM is once you see how it's held together...;crap