Horn Doesn't work [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Horn Doesn't work

runasoft
02-25-2007, 07:29 PM
I have a bit of a problem. I think I blew the fuse that powers my horn and cruise control. If I honk my horn, I can hear the relay click and if I set off the panic alarm, i here the relay clicking on and off so I'm guessing it has to be a fuse.

I blew the fuse while installing my nitrous and just haven't had the time to post about it here.

I have a 2004 Grand Am SE2 V6 Sedan if that helps.

I do not have the fuse cover under the hood hence the question.. I have looked at all fuses under the hood and found a yellow blown but all the others seem to be ok. I replaced the yellow fuse and still no luck. If someone could please let me know which fuse I need to look at or maybe post a pic of thier underhood fusebox cover with the fuses labeled I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rudy

notsoaveragej0e
02-26-2007, 01:03 AM
There is also a fuse box between the driver door and the dash, where the two meet. Don't forget to check that one too.

If that doesn't work, get one of those cute "Horn Broken, Watch For Finger" bumper stickers... (sorry, I couldn't resist lol)

runasoft
02-26-2007, 07:17 AM
LOL. I checked that fuse box as well but I didn't see anything related to the horn. I went ahead and pulled them all anyways tho.. I'm probably just going to get a fuse checker and see what I can come up with.. Sometimes the fuse may be blown but isn't clearly visible..

- Rudy

Exodus
02-26-2007, 07:59 AM
I remember I had a similar issue w/ my alarm. I heard the clicking but there was no actual horn sound. I replaced the actual horn under the hood and all was copecetic again.

gectek
03-01-2007, 02:48 PM
if you check the owners manual, it will tell u where the horn fuse is and give you all the diagrams. if you dont have an owners manual, they are very handy and you can get them from the dealer, or ebay...lol also i think helm inc sells them.

also, how did u blow the fuse installing nitrous? if you need an actual diagram then i can get one, and what i would do is go to office max and have them make a good laminate piece from it and put it under the box top

Tailspin
03-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah ebay has them cheap, my wife got an owners manual for $4.

lone_wolf025
03-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Swap the relay with another known good one just to make sure. Just cuz it clicks don't necessarily mean it works.

gectek
03-01-2007, 09:21 PM
cant swap the relay if you dont know where the map leads you...lol

gobraves00
03-11-2007, 09:09 AM
just use finger instead