Instrument Panel lights & Others [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Panel lights & Others

blkgagt
02-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Hey, I have searched and yada yada yada.... Nothing,lol. Tonight I was driving and I pulled into a parking lot and I looked down and all of my dash lights were off. I checked everything, fuses and most everything I could think of. My head lights, tail lights, radio, everything power in my car, and the overhead light. My instrument panel lights aren't on (but the service, oil, ets... lights will come on) nor are the power window lights, locks, gear selector and my hazard button light is not on!!!! Well, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....

R.C.

gectek
02-26-2007, 10:40 PM
there is a module under the dash that works those lights, i had it happen also, the diagram is on here, let me see if i can find it...oh yah and ask me how i know...lol

there it is, its the IP dimming module, its under the drivers side dash and its just screwed to a support, has a 4 wire plug on it, its either unplugged or has gone bad

blkgagt
02-27-2007, 07:43 AM
Ok, how do you know?? lol.. Thanks, I will see what I can do this afternoon. I will post what happens.... Is it very hard to recognize?

R.C.

gectek
02-27-2007, 11:43 AM
no its the only thing up there, its just in space screwed to a brace, and i disconnected it to take the heater core out cuz i needed elbow room and forgot to reconnect, so i thought it was the switch, but got a new sw and that wasnt it, so i looked at the diagram and then felt stupid...oh well

Bryan
03-28-2007, 09:06 AM
I can't see the diagram but can this be easily unplugged while fiddling with wires behind the stereo bezel? Yesterday I was checking all the wires behind it and come to find out this morning I'm having the same problem as above. I had to use the light from my phone to check my speed. :(

gectek
03-28-2007, 02:18 PM
well it isnt at the stereo itself, it is between the stereo and the steering wheel, but the int lights do also go through the stereo, so make sure that u check the connections and wires on the stereo