Help: Hid Fog Lights [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help: Hid Fog Lights

awaadster3
02-28-2007, 01:17 PM
i had converted my foglights to H3 a whiles back and now i installed 8000k HIDs. they both turn on, but my problem is one always flickers and turns off, and its not a specific side.

i believe my problem might be that i cut the orange and purple wires that connect to fog light switch. (i was trying to install resistors for leds before) i took the resistors out and soldered the wires back.

any help or ideas are welcomed

awaadster3
02-28-2007, 03:08 PM
i swapped both the dimmer and fog light switch, no luck

Mirage85
02-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Almost sounds like a bad connection some where and the power isnt constant. They power up and ignite, but sounds like the power level drops off enough that they do out.

Do they stay out? Or will they come back on? You say you cut your wiring before.... I would start there, and replace any crimp connections, and possibly solder/heatshrink them.

Ajaxus
02-28-2007, 04:26 PM
i guess you have no fear of having no visibility when driving in fog...have fun explaining your first accident in the fog to the cops..

there's a reason foglights are yellow light, and i have no problem voicing this opinion since you are putting the lives of others at risk just for appearance sake.

Grreen99GT
02-28-2007, 04:36 PM
:chillpill whooooaa calm down. most of the time when you are driving around in fog you aren't going that fast for the reason that you really can't see that well, so I don't think that changing the color of bulbs is putting other people's lives at danger.

Mirage85
02-28-2007, 04:44 PM
that, and the angle of the light affect visibility, thats why fog lights are close to the ground.

ryanbgb22
02-28-2007, 04:48 PM
if they flicker like that dont keep trying to turn them on. This is coming from someone who blew 2 ballasts.

oldsy
02-28-2007, 05:23 PM
i had my headlamp hids do that around x-mas time... turned out to be the wire running into the relay was bad... water had got to it.... replaced it and it was good to go

awaadster3
02-28-2007, 06:06 PM
i am gonna redoing my solder work and see if that helps. and they are for off road purpose only, i know hid reflects in the fog.

awaadster3
02-28-2007, 06:08 PM
Almost sounds like a bad connection some where and the power isnt constant. They power up and ignite, but sounds like the power level drops off enough that they do out.

Do they stay out? Or will they come back on? You say you cut your wiring before.... I would start there, and replace any crimp connections, and possibly solder/heatshrink them.

only one stays out. and its always random which side it is.