SES light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : SES light

Fenderman
02-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Hey, My 2000 GA is throwing an ses (i need to get the car inspected) and the mechanic says that its showing up as an idle issue. Dont know the exact code. The idle is fine though so i hav no idea what the problem could be. Dont know if its related but my car runs a cold on the highway with the heat on(about 150). Thanks

GAmaniac
02-28-2007, 02:44 PM
do you have a cold air intake?

gectek
02-28-2007, 04:07 PM
next time just go to auto zone and get the codes read, then post up

Fenderman
02-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Hey, No CAI. The 2 autozones near me have broken readers.

gectek
02-28-2007, 06:59 PM
go figure, i dont like them really, but they read codes for free

and i have no idea what the CAI was about, but if you have problems with the heater, look at your coolant first and make sure it is at the level it should be, then you are looking at either a bad temp sensor, a bad gauge, a bad t stat, the cooling fans stay on all the time...and thats about all i can think of. if you added any type of water wetter or additive to keep the coolant cooler, or help it stay colder in the summer, then you will need to drain and flush the coolant to get it all out

as for the others, find a place to read the codes and post back up then

Sprucegagt
02-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Hey, My 2000 GA is throwing an ses (i need to get the car inspected) and the mechanic says that its showing up as an idle issue. Dont know the exact code. The idle is fine though so i hav no idea what the problem could be. Dont know if its related but my car runs a cold on the highway with the heat on(about 150). Thanks

Sorry man, but we need to know the code before we can help.

Fenderman
03-03-2007, 07:07 PM
FYI, I changed out the IAC valve and the ses light went out (passed inspection). I think it also solved my problem of having to hit the gas at startup to prevent stalling.