intake manifold gasket [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : intake manifold gasket

frmtheash
03-11-2007, 03:56 AM
Im lucky enough where my intake manifold gasket hasnt faild on me yet. So got bored and read up that for 23 vehicles from 1995-2003, their intake manifold gasket has suddenly sprung a leak due to weak design from gm...

Really piss me off b/c lately, I had a few repairs done that cost me $700, along wiht something else I need to do soon. Sure thats not a lot, but when it needs to be done asap, and your in college, well it can be tough.

Im thinking that you can buy aftermarket manifold gasket and have a mechanic replcace it, but would that be expensive? I though about how you can possibly flush the coolant and replace it, but your essentially replacing it with the same coolant that is causing the problem....

Is there something Im missing here?

love,
An asian who once was pimpin with his bling, is now getting paid to hold
someone else's bling

p.s if this is in the wrong section, dont yell at me....just move it

Ajaxus
03-11-2007, 04:38 AM
yes there are new gaskets you can get. parts will cost you next to zilch, labor will run you a few hundred, consider anywhere from $450 on the cheap side to $800 depending all on region and the shop you go to.

GMFreak
03-12-2007, 11:49 AM
If you're doing a coolant flush I'd just replace it with the good old green stuff. Thats what I did after my LIM gasket replacement.

coupe
03-12-2007, 01:58 PM
If you're doing a coolant flush I'd just replace it with the good old green stuff. Thats what I did after my LIM gasket replacement.

There is no reason to do that.

GMFreak
03-12-2007, 02:47 PM
I did it mostly because a lot of the mechs who have worked on it said they preferred it. There's no need for it though. And I figured it's what I've always ran in all of my other cars.