Hey new member here.. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hey new member here..

getter_done3
03-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Hey guys new member here im from N.B.
i have had a 2001 grand am gt for awhile now and i decided i wanna do some mods to it.

the grand am is silver 4 door im thinking of having coustom sub boxs being made.

now i just have a normal box in it. , with an aftermarket deck

anyone know of premade boxs you can buy for the grand am trunks that fit in the corners or whatever so i have atleast some trunk space? lol..

thanks guys.
kyle.

getter_done3
03-13-2007, 02:32 PM
sorry i didnt post in the newb forum btw.

mightypan42
03-13-2007, 02:35 PM
*welcome* Use the Search (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/search.php) button. Topics covering anything you can think of regarding Grand Ams have already been covered.

And in the future, posting in the correct section avoids flames and makes things a lot easier for everybody. This one should have gone in the Car Audio, Video & Security section for example.

Exodus
03-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Welcome

williamGT
03-13-2007, 04:48 PM
welcome fellow canadian:slim

nascarnate326
03-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Welcome. Even though we all know what it looks like...pics would be welcome. :)

timberwoof
03-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Welcome...

getter_done3
03-13-2007, 10:11 PM
yeah nothin fancy just a stocker with a deck and subs

heres a list of what i wanna do asap ....................................

Rims 17's

Tint-

Custom box

Cold air intake

Exhaust.

headlights/ tail lights .

Mesh grill

/if anyone knows any leads good deals lemme know..

lowering kit

ryanbgb22
03-13-2007, 10:15 PM
imo dont get rims unless 18's, and dont get rims unless you drop.

notsoaveragej0e
03-13-2007, 10:15 PM
yeah nothin fancy just a stocker with a deck and subs

heres a list of what i wanna do asap ....................................

Rims 17's

Tint-

Custom box

Cold air intake

Exhaust.

headlights/ tail lights .

Mesh grill

/if anyone knows any leads good deals lemme know..

lowering kit

Get at 18's... you'll regret 17's.

getter_done3
03-13-2007, 10:49 PM
really why is that...17's look too small?

i always thought 18" tires would be alot more money?

ive been lookin in www.fastwheels.ca ,local shop supplys all the rims , good prices too.. was lookin at the "virus" "blade" or " tango" lemme know

notsoaveragej0e
03-13-2007, 11:05 PM
17" rims don't fill out the wheel well very well- 18's won't be that much more expensive, and it will be worth it.

DrFabulous
03-14-2007, 06:32 AM
It depends on the rims style, but generally, it seems that 18's look best for GT's, and 17's for SE's

BigBL87
03-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Welcome. I'm in the process of building a system myself, although I'm in the process of saving the money at the moment.

As far as sub boxes specifically for the Grand Am, I haven't been able to find any. Your best bet would be to take the measurements yourself and either build a box yourself or have someone else build it for you. The box I currently have is one of those generic boxes. It actually fit better in my Grand Prix, but it'll work for my Grand Am.

frmtheash
03-14-2007, 12:13 PM
welcome. in this forum, the search button is your best friend....maybe crutchfield has custom made boxes as well...

lone_wolf025
03-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Welcome...and stuff...

getter_done3
03-14-2007, 05:39 PM
Welcome. I'm in the process of building a system myself, although I'm in the process of saving the money at the moment.

As far as sub boxes specifically for the Grand Am, I haven't been able to find any. Your best bet would be to take the measurements yourself and either build a box yourself or have someone else build it for you. The box I currently have is one of those generic boxes. It actually fit better in my Grand Prix, but it'll work for my Grand Am.

yeah im going to get 2 made from a local shop here. out of fiberglass. one 12 on each side. gonna paint them black or carpet them . i wish they made boxs like that , grand am is a pretty generic car .. they have them on ebay for all kinds of vechicles.

i just have a normal box in mine aswell. takes up the whole trunk so thats why i wanted to get em too..

and i priced out the rims i want there gonna be about 250 a rim.. damn.. lol so i guess for now its the tint,headlights, tailligts and box's to get made up , i also have the rain deflectors or whatever you call em that go over the windshield should look good..
thanks for all the input guys!