03 Grand Am Head Light Wiring [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 03 Grand Am Head Light Wiring

03Grandam
03-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Hello to all who read this, hopefully someone can help.

I just bought an HID conversion kit. The HID function as the low beams and the regular halogens function as the high beams, I'm trying to find out what is ground and power for each of these. I did a little messing around and think that maybe the center connector is power, and then the two off to each side are high and low. I think it switches grounds when going from high to low.

WHen looking at the connector I look at it the same way it plugs in the the light bulb. Round side down and flat part up. I'd also like to build a relay that allows the low beams to stay on while the high beams are flipped on.

normal
03-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Im pretty sure all of these topics have been covered. If i recall there was a How To or something that showed pics of the install etc...as for the fogs being on with the highs, i think it is illegal to have auxiliary lights on when the highs are on hence the reason manufacturers have them cutoff with the highs on...

The How To:
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6681&highlight=HID+install

All this took 3 seconds to find....use the search function and you will find the answers to most questions.

03Grandam
03-19-2007, 07:41 PM
I have looked, what should I use for keywords?

Oh, and the fog lamps won't be on when I have my high beams on. I just want my low beam to stay on when I turn on the high beam to light the road up even better. Obviously I'll be turning my high beams off when a car is coming in my direction so I wont have to worry about blinding anyone.

normal
03-19-2007, 07:48 PM
i just searched HID install and this is the result i got:
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/search.php?searchid=798389

also this thread has a lot of good information that would probably help you out too
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62359&highlight=HID+install

and if you have issues narrowing down a topic, like im sure just searching HID yields way too many results, the advanced search feature allows to choose more specifics, like what forum it is in, ie Technical Q&A etc.

03Grandam
03-19-2007, 08:42 PM
I think I actually have it figured out now. Mine will be a lot easier to install. I'll just hook my low beam hids to the low beams on the harness and the high beams on the high beam part. I ordered two male connectors to plug into my factory harness then I'll wire my lights into the connectors I ordered. I Think it should work seamlessly. Thanks! Do you have HID on your car? I ordered mine from www.pilothid.com and I ordered the 9007 HI/LOW kit.

03Grandam
03-19-2007, 08:52 PM
I think my next issue would be is that I want to find a harness relay kit that I can hook up to keep my low beams on when I fire up my high beams. Know of anyone who can make these? I did find someone at www.rallylights.com. They said they could do it but not sure if they will do this for me.