Air Line from the Air Box [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Air Line from the Air Box

ProtonXX
03-23-2007, 10:14 PM
I have a GAGT 2k but I came across a wierd issue.

Today I was looking around at my hood and the hose that goes from the top of the intake tube was disconnected. After looking how the tube was pre shapped it looked like it was coming form the back of the engine.

I tried to bend it back into the engine but it broke. So I went to the dealer to get a new one & the part didn't exist... Anyone Know whats the purpose of this hose & if it should be there?

pyro
03-23-2007, 10:35 PM
it is a vital vacuum line. thats BS that it doesnt exist, go to another dealer.

GA SE/T
03-23-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm sorry as I'm a 2.4 guy and what I have to say will probably not help your issue, but:
CLEAN YOUR ENGINGE BAY DUDE! :nervous: :duh: ;crap :D
Your hose issues has probably been like that forever, you just couldn't see it because of all the nasty crap everywhere......:whistle:

Oh, and by the way, can someone help this guy out with his problem? I would say it's his PVC hose but what do I know....again I'm a 2.4 guy. Thx.

Malaclypse
03-23-2007, 11:13 PM
To above poster: Clean engine bay or not, those nylon hoses snap when they want to. I've had them crumble in my hands on a car that had under 30k on the clock. Luck of the draw.

To origional poster: That's the PCV line from the rear valve cover to the intake duct. Any parts man at a dealer that can't find that isn't worth his weight in ****. Ask them to pull up a picture of the "MAP sensor" or "Intake duct" and you should be able to find it easily from a picture. Its part of a kit which includes the MAP sensor line which runs from the UIM to the MAP sensor and the fuel pressure regulator. Should run about $12. Its basically the same as a '95 - '99 3100 Lumina or Monte Carlo. though the W-bodies include an extra line.

ProtonXX
03-24-2007, 01:47 AM
I'm sorry as I'm a 2.4 guy and what I have to say will probably not help your issue, but:
CLEAN YOUR ENGINGE BAY DUDE! :nervous: :duh: ;crap :D
Your hose issues has probably been like that forever, you just couldn't see it because of all the nasty crap everywhere......:whistle:

Oh, and by the way, can someone help this guy out with his problem? I would say it's his PVC hose but what do I know....again I'm a 2.4 guy. Thx.

Thats my next project, where is a good place to get it cleaned. Also is it a easy DIY? I had antifreeze splash all ovver the inside & the Vegas Sand got to it.

GA SE/T
03-24-2007, 05:08 AM
To above poster: Clean engine bay or not, those nylon hoses snap when they want to. I've had them crumble in my hands on a car that had under 30k on the clock. Luck of the draw.

I was being somewhat sarcastic.......at least the original poster didn't take me 100% serious. :chillpill (see below).

Thats my next project, where is a good place to get it cleaned. Also is it a easy DIY? I had antifreeze splash all ovver the inside & the Vegas Sand got to it.

Thx for having a sense of humor. So, it is a very DIY project. Everyone has their own opinion on a correct method of cleaning one's engine bay. I go to a local carwash with a low pressure engine degreaser system. Spray on degreaser, wait a min, spray away with rinse water, start car w/ hood up and let the engine run for about 5 mins, enjoy clean bay. Been doing it for years with the same car w/ no issues. If you got a WAI, you will have to cover up the air filter. Im sure if you do a search, you will find out what everyone does and go from there. A clean engine bay, is a happy one! lol.

thegrimone
03-24-2007, 12:21 PM
That hose is the fresh air PVC valve hose, it is the one that lets fresh air in to the rear valve cover, you see the actual PVC in the front valve cover it connects just behind the throttle body. For washing your engine bay don't spray cold water on a hot engine, the potential for cracking something is high. I have a heated pressure washer at my disposal but not everyone does (HOT water takes off grease like bird crap). If you take it to a car wash park it, put the hood up and clean the inside, armor all and vacuum ...etc, if you can push it in a wash bay, if not start it and go quick as to not build up excess heat.