Another damn window thread [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Another damn window thread

DrFabulous
03-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Jesus goddamn christ. I feel like my car is Slo's twin. I JUST installed my 5th drivers side regulator assembly, and it won't get the window all the way up on its own power. It almost feels like its sticking on the way up, but when I unattach the window from the regulator assembly, it moves fine. The rear guide seems a little loose, but I can't find anything that should be holding it. Anyone?

I just want to have a working window again... in the last 18 months it's only worked for like 2 months total.

On a plus note, I can replace the entire thing in under 20 minutes by now :D

drumking1721
03-25-2007, 05:03 PM
haha when my first one went i went through 5 brand new ones in a two day period....kept taking it back to get a new one....it sucks

gectek
03-25-2007, 05:47 PM
well are they brand new or are they reman from the parts store, the reman ones usually arent as good. it is hard to find a high quality rebuilder.

Jake
03-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Neither of my back ones wrok, they are rigged up, my front right one has never gone out *knocks on wood* my driverside front one is doing the same thing as yours, going up verryyy slowly ever since i bought it "brand new", and it goes up find when it isnt in the door, So... Idk, prolly just crappy aftermarket parts? Im on number 4 on the driverside.

gectek
03-25-2007, 06:05 PM
yah...so keeping this in mind, how much is really saved from buying aftermarket compared to genuine GM, also when u get the window out, i would def lube the actuator to make sure itll work for as long as possible

GA Nightmare
03-26-2007, 01:29 AM
whats the stuff on the window that holds the regulator to the window itself. Its like green in color. I just replaced my passenger side window with a part from eBay. Works fine, other than I can't get the window to move with the regulator cause this green stuff is worn out. I'm guessing its used as a grip/ adhesive. Anyone know where i can replacement for this green stuff at?