complimentary aag post pass? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : complimentary aag post pass?

zeddsdead
03-27-2007, 12:54 PM
how about a lottery system where people would apply for a complimentary a.a.g. pass for starting new threads. please hear me out...might be a good thing...

mods can review the entries and vote..maybe award just 1 pass on a weekly or monthly basis. the winner would simply receive a private message. if they chose to exercise the pass or not would be up to them. maybe the mods can come up with some rules or standards in addition to those to that apply to the entire forum so that winners of the posting pass will not be posting unwanted junk.

yey or ney?

i really think this can work AND might work as incentive to become a "gold member" or whatever it's called. ( i tried the search for instructions on becoming one of the elite but didn't have much luck, only found the reasons why i cant make new threads.) might make for more interesting reading in the a.a.g section. would this be a bad thing???

notsoaveragej0e
03-27-2007, 01:18 PM
I think it's a cool idea, +1

and here is how to become teh yellow membAr:
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/payments.php?

DrFabulous
03-28-2007, 11:05 AM
I seriously think that if you spend enough time on this site that you have an urge to get into AAG, then you should just pony up $15 and support the site. While I don't care if someone goes premium or not (it's thier money), I don't think that people should bitch about the site or the things they can't do as a regular member.

Cliffs: It's a stupid idea, it wastes time for the moderators. You want to get in there, just pay $15.

coupe
03-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Its $15 for a year.
Most people spend that much at taco bell in a week.

Gizm0815
03-28-2007, 11:56 AM
its like a penny a day or some super low # if u do the math. just pay up! support the site.

Jeremy
03-28-2007, 12:03 PM
actually it breaks down to $.041 a day. :thumbs: but it's a good idea. maybe something to look at. but instead of a free year, they get a month's access to the Premium Member stuff.

zeddsdead
03-28-2007, 01:08 PM
hey cool, i appreciate the responses. yeah, a free year is way too much. i was thinking like a month's pass or even a week. yes, it would create more "work" for the mods i guess but im not too sure how much really. maybe they dont mind? anyway this isnt intended to be a gripe. i hope everyone reading can see that.

i guess the question is, is it worth the trouble? i think it would be. at least worth a try maybe.

thanks for reading.

cliff notes: the idea might need some tweeking to be worth a shot.

zeddsdead
05-18-2007, 07:23 PM
another idea..maybe it's not new..locking threads older than 90 days or so.

notsoaveragej0e
05-18-2007, 07:50 PM
another idea..maybe it's not new..locking threads older than 90 days or so.

no, bc then there would be tons of repeat threads over and over again. Oh wait, there already are...

Ajaxus
05-18-2007, 07:57 PM
you say this after reviving one? genius...

and i agree with joe, we keep them open so that newbs who HOPEFULLY use the search engine can actually continue to get the info from old threads rather than having to repeatedly post up new ones because they can't ask questions in old threads.

lone_wolf025
05-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Heck some newb with 3 posts revived an old thread of mine from last year.

How about we modify this to be an "award" of sorts for smart actions...Oh wait...would the rep system qualify for that?

Bryan
05-18-2007, 08:55 PM
It'd probably be too easily abused or something.

Rainbow1616
06-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Its $15 for a year.
Most people spend that much at taco bell in a week.

I belong to about 15 or 20 different forums, if they all did that I'd be broke.
The "Other" Grand AM forum doesn't do that

I personally think its a dumb idea to charge money to be able to post in one particular forum.

Rich
06-01-2007, 05:32 PM
whos holding a gun to your head? you can still access all the great info this site has and there are also other perks in the premium membership than just posting a thread in AAG. well worth the 15 bones to support a site where you spend a lot of time at.

Rainbow1616
06-01-2007, 05:44 PM
whos holding a gun to your head? you can still access all the great info this site has and there are also other perks in the premium membership than just posting a thread in AAG. well worth the 15 bones to support a site where you spend a lot of time at.

Never said anyone was, just said personally i think its dumb.