Power Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Power Problem

el nino
03-27-2007, 07:14 PM
well this is on a 1986 300zxt. when i first got the car it started fine. however when i cleaned it i put the batery on backwards ( common thing on the 300 since the battery needs to be put on with the sticker facing the back of car) the car has had starting problems. i will jump the car and it starts fine. if i try to start it right after i turn it off it still works fine. however if i try to start it after about 5 hours i try to start it and the car wont turn over. i got the battery tested at autozone and they told me it was OK.
any idea on what could be draining the battery, or should i just get another battery?

el nino
03-27-2007, 07:16 PM
oppps my bad i quickly pressed the back button to add something and i guess i sent two threads.
can an admin plz delete the other one.

homeskillit37
03-27-2007, 07:43 PM
We did that once in an 88 F150 ended up frying the start relay. and killing the battery. So a bad start solenoid. would be my guess.

el nino
03-30-2007, 10:09 AM
well i recharged the battery again and had the car running for a while. when i turned the car off i disconnected the battery. then the next day i reconected it and the car started up fine.