Not so new newb [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Not so new newb

Black Phoenix
03-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Hi folks, I'm a newb to GAGT (but not to forum communities).

Recently purchased a beautiful black 2004 GAGT coupe with the SC/T package. I love it!
Want to keep it mostly stock but I do have a few mods planned.
Already ordered a Stage 3 CAI (mainly for better gas mileage), and I just received a can of Nite Shades.
I want to lightly tint the headlights and taillights, not going for blackout here.
That being said, does anyone have pics of a black GA with tinted headlights? I've seen other cars (chargers, scion, etc) with lightly tinted heads and I like it.
I also want to clean my exhaust tips cause they are nasty.

That's all for now - I'm a big newb to auto mods but lots of reading on this forum has given me some confidence to try some stuff out. Thanks! :D

SikMindz
03-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Welcome from the moderating staff!

Of the 7-8 years I've been here I can't recall anyone with tinted headlights off the top of my head. Hmm..try it? Niteshades isn't that hard to remove if you don't like the end result.

notsoaveragej0e
03-28-2007, 10:56 PM
An alternative to tinted headlights would be black headlights, of which you may or may not be aware of. Just search "black" or "clear" headlights, and you'll find it. Welcome!

Rich
03-28-2007, 11:01 PM
that one guy with the SE that went to GT (john?) "tinted" his headlights. didnt he just spray the bottom of the headlights black? i think thatll work. because if you tint the whole headlight your headlights wont work right.

oh, and welcome.

Black Phoenix
03-28-2007, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the replies... I hope my lights will still work!
I'm just going to try one light coat and see how it looks. I'm waiting for a nice day to clean up the car and take my time. If there's one thing I've learned so far, it's to take my time and do it right the first time.

edit: I've seen the black headlights but for some reason I want to keep the orange reflector. I kinda like the color contrast with the black paint. Just wondered how it would look with a light smoke tint over the whole lens.

iceman
03-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Last I checked.. niteshades w/ light behind it = red, won't work too well on headlights.

williamGT
03-29-2007, 12:08 AM
Welcome:)

timberwoof
03-29-2007, 04:30 AM
Howdy, and Welcome

DrFabulous
03-29-2007, 06:01 AM
Welcome.

I wouldn't tint your headlights.... I can't imagine having less light output then we already have!

frmtheash
03-29-2007, 06:22 AM
congrats, you had your car longer than me, and already done more work !!! Welcome to the forum

XtremeGaGt00
03-29-2007, 01:49 PM
id just get the headlight covers...their darker then u want...but i deal with them on my car...lol i just repositioned my fog lights upwards more then their supppost to be so they shine on the whole road...you can get brighter fogs too...forgot what their called...someone wanna chime in?....thats my .02

Exodus
03-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Welcome.
Are you talking about the blazertechs or the angeleyes?

XtremeGaGt00
03-29-2007, 04:05 PM
which ever ones are brighter..i dont have em....YET