how to remove hard line from fuel rail? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : how to remove hard line from fuel rail?

Gizm0815
03-31-2007, 04:17 PM
im in the middle of my lim gasket change and i cant get this hard line out of the rail and i know it comes out ive seen pictures of it. ive loosed the nut on the end but it doesnt want to budge any got any sugestions? cuz i could use an answer quickly. ill get some pics of the piece thats giving me the trouble and there camera phone pics so they wont be the greatest.

thanks.

iceman
03-31-2007, 05:24 PM
Pull harder

geldartb
03-31-2007, 05:27 PM
Pull harder

and be prepared to replace the o-ring thats on the pipe your pulling out. btw its $20 at the dealership and it comes with the one that goes on the pressure regulator too.

Malaclypse
03-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Doooon't do it.

Just remove the injectors/rail from the LIM and manipulate out of the way. Its alot easier than what everyone else does.

gectek
04-08-2007, 09:51 AM
all u need to do in a situation like that is use simple mechanical advantage, in the automotive world its called a BFH...i mean uhh prybar, sorry. i just use a screw driver or any good prying utensil like a long ratchet handle and make sure the fuel rail is bolted down. i have taken my fuel line out more than 5 times and i still have the stock o ring on it, its still in very good shape. if the o ring gives u any trouble let me know and i might be able to get u one at less than $20

Gizm0815
04-08-2007, 09:59 AM
probem was solved guys sorry i forgot to post up. i just pulled till it came out, suprisingly the o ring was in one piece afterwards.