how to remove hard line from fuel rail? [Archive] - Forum

View Full Version : how to remove hard line from fuel rail?

03-31-2007, 04:17 PM
im in the middle of my lim gasket change and i cant get this hard line out of the rail and i know it comes out ive seen pictures of it. ive loosed the nut on the end but it doesnt want to budge any got any sugestions? cuz i could use an answer quickly. ill get some pics of the piece thats giving me the trouble and there camera phone pics so they wont be the greatest.

03-31-2007, 05:24 PM
Pull harder

03-31-2007, 05:27 PM
Pull harder

and be prepared to replace the o-ring thats on the pipe your pulling out. btw its $20 at the dealership and it comes with the one that goes on the pressure regulator too.

03-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Doooon't do it.

Just remove the injectors/rail from the LIM and manipulate out of the way. Its alot easier than what everyone else does.

04-08-2007, 09:51 AM
all u need to do in a situation like that is use simple mechanical advantage, in the automotive world its called a BFH...i mean uhh prybar, sorry. i just use a screw driver or any good prying utensil like a long ratchet handle and make sure the fuel rail is bolted down. i have taken my fuel line out more than 5 times and i still have the stock o ring on it, its still in very good shape. if the o ring gives u any trouble let me know and i might be able to get u one at less than $20

04-08-2007, 09:59 AM
probem was solved guys sorry i forgot to post up. i just pulled till it came out, suprisingly the o ring was in one piece afterwards.