Windshield Pass side molding replacement. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Pass side molding replacement.

bonecrrusher
04-04-2007, 10:07 AM
I did a search on the Windshield molding replacement, and order the pass side molding because mine has come up on my 00 GAGT.

The new assembly came with the molding, as well as the black outer trim piece.

Does anyone have some quick instructions on how to pull the old one out, and put in the new 1 piece molding/trim piece?

Thanks,
Craig

Jake
04-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Mine came up on my driverside and I need to get a new one badly, did you buy from the dealer? If not, where did you buy from and what was the price? Thanks.

gectek
04-04-2007, 03:21 PM
yah i know how it works i did mine on the drivers side. first take the molding off the door sil. then you will see 3 philips head screws, take them out, the put the new one on, but leave the tape on the top part. install it loosely to get the fitment right, then take the tape off the top part. seal it to the top molding and torque the screws down and make sure to put good pressure on the tape. also make sure that the tape doesnt get in contact to water for about a day to set up right. thats it. then put the new rubber trim back in place

and its about $35 from the dealer for it. but i may be able to get it a little cheaper than that.

nivek98
02-24-2008, 07:32 PM
yah i know how it works i did mine on the drivers side. first take the molding off the door sil. then you will see 3 philips head screws, take them out, the put the new one on, but leave the tape on the top part. install it loosely to get the fitment right, then take the tape off the top part. seal it to the top molding and torque the screws down and make sure to put good pressure on the tape. also make sure that the tape doesnt get in contact to water for about a day to set up right. thats it. then put the new rubber trim back in place

and its about $35 from the dealer for it. but i may be able to get it a little cheaper than that.

I am going to replace my trim piece and I already have the new part. Do I need to replace the molding also, or will the molding go back in place. If it doesn't go back down, I suppose I could glue it back. (new molding didn't come with my trim piece.)
Ordered it from gmpartsdirect.com for around 25 dollars

Also, i don't see any tape on the trim piece. Should I get some double sided tape and new molding before I try and swap out the old one?