2000 Grand Am GT funny tranny [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Grand Am GT funny tranny

banditopilot
04-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Hope I can get feedback on this one. I have a 2000 gt and when im around 2-3k trying to pass or on the freeway when I accelerate from cruise to a higher speed the engine revs up ans down about 2-400 rpm like its looking for a gear.The tranny flushed 20k ago. She has 130k on her and has another 130k to go with my gal.. any ideas? other than that trans run perfect and shifts nice. Car is a mint black gt ram air chrome stock rims with all the options except leather.a Co-worker of mine needed money for a downpayment for a g6. I got it for 2500 bux.. stole it.. anyways I am new to this forum and glad I found it. thanks -greg

Jake
04-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Pretty sure I think I know what Your talkin about, the Rpm's jump up and down and will stop if u either let off the gas, or give it more gas, mine does this every once in a while, ive seen a lot of other people say theres does this to, I dont think its anything to worry about.

gectek
04-07-2007, 05:18 PM
if it isnt anything to worry about then it wouldnt be happening. i would look at the trans input sensors first, namely the MAF sensor...has been the root of a bunch of problems.

Atran
04-08-2007, 01:07 AM
I have driven cars that do this exact same thing and they started doing that at around the same millage.