PFYC SCT hood [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : PFYC SCT hood

gectek
04-07-2007, 05:20 PM
does anyone know if the SCT hood from PFYC fits just like the stock one and has no problems at all fitting or aligning right without any modifications. my hood is broke and if my body shop cant fix it i think ill get a new one off there

99GTCoupe
04-07-2007, 07:25 PM
I would assume that there would not be any difference. I'm sure others with experience in this will say something, but that's my .02 :)

bballr4567
04-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Get the RK hood. Not only is it cheaper but its better looking.

gectek
04-08-2007, 11:00 AM
well it looks exactly the same in the pics...anyone have a better pic, like maybe aaron. also it says non functional, does that mean the ducts are sealed off?

99GTCoupe
04-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Get the RK hood. Not only is it cheaper but its better looking.

Cause that was helpful :rolleyes:

That hood is decent, but the SC/T hood looks much better and more aggressive IMO. Plus, it's what he has already :)

gectek
04-08-2007, 12:58 PM
yah im hoping the body shop can fix it. if not im going for a second opinion...lol. if not ill have to sell this one and buy a new one, but i want the sct hood style with the open ducts, whether or not it is functional doesnt matter to me, i dont like the SD too much because it seems like too much work with the water catches and all that and at some angles it looks too cluttered.

bballr4567
04-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Yes the RK hood isnt functional but why do you want it to funtional?? For an intake? Too much work. Or do you just want it so you can see through the slots into the engine?

The hood is actually a lot different but hard to tell in the pics. The scoops themselves are smother and closer together. Im not sure but I think there is some close up pics of aarons hood on his car domain.

Oh and not very many posts on this forum are helpful so just contributing to the cause.

gectek
04-08-2007, 01:16 PM
haha, well aaron didnt get his hood from RK, but i dont like the RK either, its the reg GM hood for me i guess. i dont like the way the others come across. i like the original design. and i like the open ducts, just because. thats how its always been so thats how i like it.

pyro
04-08-2007, 02:51 PM
haha, well aaron didnt get his hood from RK, but i dont like the RK either, its the reg GM hood for me i guess. i dont like the way the others come across. i like the original design. and i like the open ducts, just because. thats how its always been so thats how i like it.

i would buy the PFYC sc't hood because you can get a cold air box and use it ducted. Not to mention its hella light and badass looking, and cheaper.

99GTCoupe
04-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Yeah, the stock hood looks good enough for me atm, so I haven't really pushed to gather the money for getting the SC/T stuff. I love how our cars look stock, and SC/T is like icing on the cake :)

gectek
04-09-2007, 11:39 AM
i dont have my stock air box anymore, and would use the hood as a heat extractor and for looks

pyro
04-09-2007, 01:40 PM
i dont have my stock air box anymore, and would use the hood as a heat extractor and for looks

heat extractor = SD hood

gectek
04-09-2007, 01:45 PM
i know, but the sct hood works also, i dont need alot of heat taken out, i just like the sct look thats all