locked out of my own trunk... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : locked out of my own trunk...

AeR0
04-11-2007, 10:35 PM
ok guys so here is my problem i am locked out of my own trunk,

-key lock in the trunk does not work
-do not have keyless entry
-power release on door does not work i hear it clicking at the relay but it does not open the trunk

-cant get in through the back seats as they are clipped back

any suggestions or ideas?

lone_wolf025
04-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Could it be jammed? With the key is it that its not unlocking (popping the trunk up) or just not turning? If the lock isn't turning try squirting some WD-40 or something in it to open it. If it is turning, turn it to the unlock and see if it you can move it at all by pressing up against the truck.

Hope this helps

AeR0
04-11-2007, 10:54 PM
tried all the stuff in the lock cylinder its not opening unless its a flathead and a hammer hitting it!

gectek
04-12-2007, 11:05 AM
are you using a replacement key? if so that is the reason, and ur locked out of the trunk due to maybe an elec problem or a theftlock problem. ull either have to get a new key from GM, or get the cyl replaced or repaired.

AeR0
04-12-2007, 11:11 AM
using original key, key lock is jammed up from salt/sand car is a 99 and does not have the passlock.

gectek
04-12-2007, 11:14 AM
well have fun, or call a locksmith

TopperHarley
04-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Is there a way to lock the trunk when valeting the car? I can't remember off the top of my head.

Bryan
04-12-2007, 11:23 AM
It might be possible to remove one of the 6x9s, stick your arm in there and pull the tabs to release the seats. You could then maybe see the problem from the inside. You probably have to have monkey arms to do that though. :(

gectek
04-12-2007, 01:07 PM
you cant take out the 6x9 unless u take the seat down first...i can try to fish in there with a coat hook though...in between the seats

Bryan
04-12-2007, 04:50 PM
In my '99 GT you can take off the speaker grill and remove the 6x9. Not sure if the SEs are different.

WeibSunder
04-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Have you tried to use a can of "canned air" from walmart that you use on electronics, and then get some lock carbon and sqeeze that in there...should work in theory. Good luck.

Sprucegagt
04-12-2007, 09:40 PM
are you using a replacement key? if so that is the reason, and ur locked out of the trunk due to maybe an elec problem or a theftlock problem. ull either have to get a new key from GM, or get the cyl replaced or repaired.

:wtf GA doesn't use a chip in the key.

using original key, key lock is jammed up from salt/sand car is a 99 and does not have the passlock.

Get a can of lock lubricant / graphite. Apply it a couple times and let it sit for awhile then try the lock with your key.

AeR0
04-12-2007, 09:56 PM
tried all the above and no luck... last resort would be removing the 6x9's havent gone that far yet!

WeibSunder
04-12-2007, 10:31 PM
You can pull up on the front of the back seat and pull them out, and then unbold the hinges of the back seats and then take them out that way.

AeR0
04-12-2007, 11:02 PM
You can pull up on the front of the back seat and pull them out, and then unbold the hinges of the back seats and then take them out that way.

???? explain that one in futher detail??????

Rich
04-12-2007, 11:08 PM
IIRC, the rear seatbacks pivot on a rod that is held in place at each end by a sort of "clip", whereby a metal clasp surrounds the rod and holds it in place. When you want to completely remove the seatback, you would normally release the seat, fold the seatback down, and disconnect the rod from the "clip"... since you cant release the seatback to fold it down, you *might* be able to reach and disengage that little clip and remove the seat from the bottom just enough to reach in and open the trunk.

If you pull the seat cushion away on either end and/or in the middle, you should see what I'm talking about. Sorry this post isnt more coherent, its been a long day.

- Ryan

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48057&highlight=trunk+release

gectek
04-13-2007, 11:29 AM
:wtf GA doesn't use a chip in the key.

Get a can of lock lubricant / graphite. Apply it a couple times and let it sit for awhile then try the lock with your key.

i didnt say they used a chip...some keys can open the doors fine and turn the car on but are hard to use on the trunk, or vise versa