Hi. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hi.

GrandAmmit
04-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Hello to my fellow GAGT owners. :)

I just got my new car on Tuesday of this week. It has replaced my first car, a 1992Chevrolet Beretta 2.2 Auto, which I still have because weather is preventing me from getting it cleaned and sold.

I frequented a well known Beretta forum, because I used to be in love with my Beretta, but after telling the Beretta folks about my new car, they basically kicked me out and told me my new car was crap. It was quite vicious. :D

Anyway, here's some more info on my Grand Am, which I've nickname the Grandammit:

It's a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT1, with every factory option (leather, power driver's seat, moonroof, keyless entry, etc.). It also has a locking gas cap.

103,7xx miles on it, but it looks/drives like new. The lady that had it knew a lot about vehicles, I could tell by the way she described what repairs and upgrades she'd done to it. She's taken meticulous care of it and you can tell.

The only flaws are one loose trim piece on the driver's side door, the top of the back bumper is slightly loose (warped up), and the front brakes are making a grind/squeak when stopping hard.

I'm in love with it already. The only plans are to save up for the LIMG when it does fail (not if, when), and my stereo from the Beretta. Actually I'm looking in to having the subs wired up to the stock headunit, because I like the way it looks and thieves won't give it a second glance like they would an aftermarket one.

I don't have very many pics, and it sucks. It's supposed to rain the next three days and I took it up my friend's gravel driveway the other night, so it'll get it's first photo shoot when I wash/wax it for the first time sometime next week.

Oh. We paid 4500 for the Grand Am and plan to try and get 1700 out of the Beretta. But it can't be sold until I clean it, because it hasn't been washed since February and it hasn't been vacuumed since summer. So until I can wash it next week it is sitting in the backyard.

I've always loved the styling of the 99+ GAGTs. And black is one of my favorite colors for a car. Basically I've went from a four-cylinder painfully slow optioned down Beretta to a V6 leather-equipped Grand Am. I'm thrilled so far to say the least.

I do have a couple of questions about my new N-body, but I'll post those in the correct place later. :)

Here are the few crappy pics I do have:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/GMFWDFAN/Misc-13.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/GMFWDFAN/Misc-14.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/GMFWDFAN/Misc-15.jpg

KeyserSosa2000
04-14-2007, 11:56 AM
*welcome* :wave:

Black GTs are very nice looking cars. Take a peek at some in the members gallery. There's a whack of info on this site, happy modding.

timberwoof
04-14-2007, 12:27 PM
Welcome to the Forum

Roush GT
04-14-2007, 12:34 PM
cool, good luck with it. what part of ky are you from?

bigbenSC
04-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Welcome, enjoy the car!

GrandAmmit
04-15-2007, 05:46 PM
cool, good luck with it. what part of ky are you from?
I guess the closest town from where I live is Owensboro. :)

cmtapanes
04-15-2007, 06:10 PM
welcome to thee forum!