Front End Pop when back up..... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Front End Pop when back up.....

eBandit
04-15-2007, 03:55 PM
My front end pops sometimes when I back up after parking or back up again after pulling up. It only pops once or twice then thats it, it wont do it again until I Park and back up again etc... I dont see anything wrong under the car so I'm not sure what it is. I know I need the strut mounts because they pop sometimes as well, but I dont know what the new pop sound is. I also had some vibration in the front end after i switched my wheels around, I had them balanced and still I get vibration at certian speeds (dont know if these two are related).

I'm going to check it all closer this week but does anyone have any ideas what areas I should be checking closely to find this problem?

Thanks,

Charles

gectek
04-15-2007, 05:49 PM
could be some bad trans/engine mounts

lone_wolf025
04-15-2007, 06:46 PM
If its popping during sharp turns of the wheels it could be a tierod problem.

nate2023
04-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Not sure but if your turning could be a CV joint

eric99gt
04-15-2007, 10:15 PM
I've had cars that do a similiar thing. I figured it was the breaks locking up from being parked overnight. Never really did pinpoint it though. Usually occured when it rained out.

onesexyga
04-16-2007, 02:22 AM
Wait until you straighten out the strut mounts. I had about 12 unique noises coming from mine when they went. I was convinced there were other problems (cv, bearings, tie rod/ends), but it turns out it was all in the mounts.

timberwoof
04-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Take a look at your rotors, they may be warped slightly. Maybe not enough to notice a big difference but just enough to catch the pads when you're parked. The calipers may also be a little loose. My brakes have th vibration when I'm doing hard stopping but that is because I didn't resurface the rotors the last time I changed the brakes. But I'm about to get the slotted ones so It doesn't really matter to me, that and I'm looking into getting the GT rear brake conversion one of these days. I hate drum brakes!!!

KeyserSosa2000
04-16-2007, 05:39 PM
My car does the EXACT same thing. I will drive home from work and when I back into my driveway I'll hear one single "knock" like knuckles on a door.

gectek
04-16-2007, 08:51 PM
could also be the vertical bushings on the lower control arms. i had that and it would pop bad on hard acceleration also, the best way to check those is to jack the car up and pry on them to check for any play, they are bad about that

eBandit
06-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Thanks for all the replies (ive been gone alot and just got to read them). My father listened to it and thinks its coming from the brakes, other than that after reading everyones posts, I think it could be the strut mounts or the lower control arm bushings also. I guess I have alot of checking to do.

Thanks again for everyones replies!