dashboard light problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : dashboard light problem

pkron05
04-15-2007, 05:13 PM
yesterday I plugged my passenger side control console back in and my whole dash went out. the radio still works, but has no display. the odometer still is visible. everything works normal during the day, but once sunset hits and the car switches lights, the dash light go out as stated above. everything is normal when the ignition is off or acc, but the dash and radio goes out in on and start.

I checked a few fuses and theyre fine. Could it be a short? Any help is appreciated.

gectek
04-15-2007, 05:34 PM
yah its the IP dimming module...there is a thread about it somewhere
here is it, the module is by ur knee when u sit in the drivers seat, under the dash ull see it attached to a bar in the back...

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66749

check the fuse first though, then make sure the module is plugged in, and also make sure its on there good

same thing happened to me and i thought it was the switch, but i had left the module unplugged. i can get u a pinout if you need it

pkron05
04-15-2007, 05:55 PM
I'll definetly have to take a look at that. I'll get back to you if I need more help. Thanks for the info. Oh yeah, Inever said thanks for that header panel, if went in great.

gectek
04-15-2007, 05:57 PM
yah thnx no prob, i finally got mine from GM, only a month and a half of waiting

pkron05
05-23-2007, 11:44 AM
As I am taking my dash apart for painting, I decided to take care of my dash panel problem stated above. I just don't know which of these things is the dimmer module. I want to be sure before I remove it ( it's a pita).

I guess it's the black thing on the three sided silver bracket. Is it? What are the two white mexico things and the round black thing with the yellow wire running into it. Any help with part identification or solutions to my problem are appreciated.

gectek
05-23-2007, 12:07 PM
really good picture, and you are really close. i circled it in red...

pkron05
05-24-2007, 11:10 AM
well, dimmer module is replaced and I still have the same problem. I must have a short or bad wiring somewhere. Any other ideas?

gectek
05-24-2007, 08:22 PM
yah...jumper the leads on the interior dimmer switch...umm jumper one of the terminals to the black lead for ground i think, or just go between them all, i have a spare switch if you need one...that way u can check the wiring and make sure it is ok...otherwise, ull need to check and see if you get power from the module to the switch by using a volt meter and going from the terminal b to ground and term c to ground.