Idle Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Idle Problem

Dewitt88
04-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Hi I got a problem. When I got my car (Used) When you are stopped or just sitting there idling the car shakes. It has to be a low idle issue. What causes this and what do I need to do to fix the issue? I am not a mechanic by no means but I know it must be a simple fix. Thanks in advance for all the help.

gectek
04-15-2007, 10:36 PM
wow such a broad subject, it cannot be generalized. first thing is MAF, MAP, mounts, and plugs/wires/coils/ICM...but that is just for starters. i would get someone to scan it(not auto zone) ull need a really good scan tool to use to get all the codes. could also be the low res crank sensor. could be alot of things, could be a vacuum leak as well since it is just at idle.

Dewitt88
04-15-2007, 10:47 PM
Well one more issue I have which may help narrow this is my AC. I cannot control where the air comes out of, which I beleive is caused by a vaccum leak correct? Where should I get it scanned? Dealer?

gectek
04-15-2007, 11:52 PM
yah vacuum leak is where i would look first. all the bolts need to be tight everywhere, and u wont need a scan just yet, i would find the source of the vacuum leak first. that is a problem.

Dewitt88
04-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Ok I just went out and took a look. All the vacuum hoses look fine. However on the top peice (Im not a mechanic) The silver piece saying 2.4L there are 2 bolts missing. Could this cause my problem?? Anything specifically you would suggest looking for? I really need to get this fixed.

gectek
04-16-2007, 10:34 AM
yah that would cause it not to seal properly...go to the JY or dealer and get those bolts and a new gasket