Electrical Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problem

03gagtbeast
04-16-2007, 01:59 AM
hi all, im new to this forum and working on grand ams so forgive me for my newbness. im having some sort of an electrical issue with my 03 gt. at first i thought it was a bad ground (it still may be, i dont know). i tested the battery and it was ok. i bought a new one anyway and that one is good too. the actual symptoms are that it intermittently has no power. its hit and miss. most of the time i that it does have power though, i turn the key, get a click and the whole car goes dead. it never does that if i jump start it, and i know the battery is good, so it leads me back to looking for a bad wire or ground somewhere, im having no such luck though. is it maybe the body control module? if not, then does anyone have a suggestion? im bad stuck and im too cheap to let a mechanic rip me off.

tenspeed
04-16-2007, 09:51 AM
At first I though it could be a bad positive wire from the battery to the starter. When you said that it never does it with the jumper cables, it indicates that you have a bad ground.

Follow the cables and check the terminations.

normal
04-16-2007, 10:05 AM
I had an issue where my car would sometimes not start, but it seemed like i had power up until i turned the key, it turn out that the terminal in the battery had cracked. try tightening the terminals really good, and see if there is any corrosion

03gagtbeast
04-16-2007, 01:35 PM
see i checked all of that, its all a pretty tight fit so maybe i missed something. does anyone know about the body control module?? someone told me that could be it???? ignition relay????