CAI or Porter Cable 7424 or.. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : CAI or Porter Cable 7424 or..

Bryan
04-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Well I'm off to college soon so modifying the GAs gonna slow down quite a bit. I have about $200 to work with for the last semi-major mod for a while.

I have these three things in mind..an MP Racing CAI, a Porter Cable 7424 or a Magnaflow muffler.

I wanna get some insight on which would benefit me most in the long run and what I would probably enjoy most.

ryanbgb22
04-17-2007, 09:15 PM
porter cable hands down...its the only investment you will do on your car that will make you money and up your resale value.

Bryan
04-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Very true. It would also be used on other vehicles (like mommy's) and future cars.
+1 for the PC, hah.

notsoaveragej0e
04-17-2007, 09:32 PM
I am actually going to get a PC kit this summer to make some extra bar cash on the sides... I won't really need it for the Monte since its paint is still drippin' wet, giggity :angel

I am in school now too, and have kinda lost interest in modding the car too much since I only drive it 4 months a year...might just get a WAI and call it a day. At least I could potentially bring the PC to school and do some work around Ann Arbor on the weekends for drinking money lol

long story short, get the PC!

DrFabulous
04-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Are you kidding? Buy tools over mods every time.

I'm at the point where I have two 3.5 ton hydraulic jacks, at least 8 jackstands, multiple ramps, multiple creepers, several sets of hand tools, 2 torque wrenches, spring compresser, air compresser..... the list goes on. I could have done tons to my GA, but it's ALWAYS better to buy tools.

lvemy3100
04-17-2007, 09:39 PM
I hate to AGREE with everyone on this but I say go for the PC as well... by far the best investment you can make for your current and future cars not to mention you can make a quick buck on the side if you are good enough...

fyi- I got a real nice deal on my PC from "RAM TOOLS" on ebay..

Bryan
04-17-2007, 09:45 PM
I hate to AGREE with everyone on this but I say go for the PC as well... by far the best investment you can make for your current and future cars not to mention you can make a quick buck on the side if you are good enough...

fyi- I got a real nice deal on my PC from "RAM TOOLS" on ebay..

Yeah wow they do have a nice price on that. Definitely can't beat ~$100 shipped. Thanks.

I was expecting you to slip me a "MP Racing CAIs on Sale" link. lol

lvemy3100
04-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Yeah wow they do have a nice price on that. Definitely can't beat ~$100 shipped. Thanks.

I was expecting you to slip me a "MP Racing CAIs on Sale" link. lol

well since you were expecting it... http://www.mpracing.org/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=19

lol

jscarano13
04-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Def go with the Porter Cable,
Your not going to trade it in like your car. so you will have it for a while.
like eveone else said, itll make u money if your good with it...

geldartb
04-17-2007, 11:44 PM
PC FTW definately get it. its one of things that might actually make you money.

coupe
04-18-2007, 05:00 AM
Are you kidding? Buy tools over mods every time.

I'm at the point where I have two 3.5 ton hydraulic jacks, at least 8 jackstands, multiple ramps, multiple creepers, several sets of hand tools, 2 torque wrenches, spring compresser, air compresser..... the list goes on. I could have done tons to my GA, but it's ALWAYS better to buy tools.

Took the words right out of my mind!

2003SCT
04-18-2007, 07:24 AM
PC..nuff said

CHRIS

Bryan
04-18-2007, 07:38 AM
PC it is. I'm really getting into detailing a lott now anyways.