Blower Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Blower Problem

heater13
04-18-2007, 05:26 AM
My blower stopped running at all speeds. I replaced the resistor (which was in bad shape) with a new GM part. When I started the blower, everything seemed fine for about 1 minute. Then the blower, when running at top speed, began to slow down then eventually stopped. Upon restarting (turning the fan all the way off then on high) it will either not start at all or it will start and go through the same slow down process again. I pulled the blower, hooked it up to a battery and the blower seems to run fine with no excess heat at the bearing. Does any one have any idea what is happening here???????

Metallman56
04-18-2007, 06:15 AM
well. . . i just had the same thing happen to me. i replaced the resistor, and it worked fine for about 3 days. then it died again. so i pulled the resistor back out and it looked fine. so i put it back in, turned on the car and. . . nothing. with the car on, all i did was give the blower a smack with my wrench and it turned on. so i knew what my problem was. went to napa got a new one, it was about $65, put it in, and it works great. if i were you, i wouldnt screw around with the old one. just get a new one.

B0000rt
04-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Yeah probably your blower's dead or dying. Giving it a good knock under the hood would get it going again.

Metallman56
04-18-2007, 07:19 PM
i also highly recomend taking out the passengers seat, and the glove box. the passengers seat is 2 15mm bolts. and the glove box is 4 7mm bolts. good luck