Brake Caliper Rattle [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Brake Caliper Rattle

03Grandam
04-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Is there anyone out there with an Alero and Grand Am who has brake caliper rattle? The dealer just replaced mine under warranty then 2 months later they start rattle on very bumpy roads such as wash board on a dirt road. If you ride the brake the rattle goes away. I'm thinking of replacing the rubber o rings that ride on the caliper bolts to see if that fixes the problems.

DrFabulous
04-18-2007, 12:08 PM
If its under warrenty just keep going back to the dealer and make them figure it out.

03Grandam
04-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Well the dealer I bought it from is over an hour away and something that simple I rather fix it myself.

GA SE/T
04-20-2007, 04:30 AM
I get the rattle noise on my GA. I have about 131,000 miles on the car and they are my original calipers. It tends to start making the noise as the brake pads wear down normally. And the noise goes away like yours, when you ride the brakes to stop. BTW, they are making the noise now. Looks like it's about time to change the pads...... lol

videoman
04-20-2007, 03:16 PM
I wonder if the anti rattle clip broke or came off. Try that. If not use some brake cleaner on the rotors and wipe them down.