Wheel Hub/speed Sensor [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Hub/speed Sensor

nate2023
04-23-2007, 07:40 PM
My ABS and Trac Off light is on, i know its a wheel hub assembly and i tried searching this, My LOW TRAC light comes on randomly then stays on until the car shuts off ABS and ETS. I know i need to replace this but theres one problem, how do i know which sensor is it, i dont have a ABS code reader, my OBD2 scanner doesn't do that. Is there some sort of redneck way of check which one it is? Thanks In Advance.

bryanw0087
04-23-2007, 07:43 PM
i had this same problem and got a new hub and it fixed it right up, i have a brand new hub sitting in my garage in a box if you would want it, your going to have to pay a mechanics shop to see exactly which one it is

nate2023
04-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Problem is there is no Grinding or scraping sound. How much would you sell the Hub Assy for and is it for front or rear? Thanks for the suggestion

Mirage85
04-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Problem is there is no Grinding or scraping sound. How much would you sell the Hub Assy for and is it for front or rear? Thanks for the suggestion

You wont hear any grinding. Its a front hub:

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67854

nate2023
04-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Okay, so i rotted outside in the dark pulling of the front plugs and pluging them back in. there was some Corosion on them but i didn't have the space to clean them off.. maybe tomorrow. So far this car has been a headache, i guess its just because its not been taken care of. Still no ABS or TRAC control. :(

nate2023
04-24-2007, 10:55 PM
The Problem didn't go away when i cleaned the plugs, The ABS light isn't always on. Sometimes the car shuts off the ABS on startup or other times when it works fine until the LOW TRAC light randomly fires enough to turn ABS off. I have no grinding noise or anything sayings thats its a wheel bearing. could it be fireing cause i have a bad strutmount (An 80$ piece) i also have to replace the outer CV Boot on the same side. Thanks.

Mirage85
04-25-2007, 07:36 AM
The Problem didn't go away when i cleaned the plugs, The ABS light isn't always on. Sometimes the car shuts off the ABS on startup or other times when it works fine until the LOW TRAC light randomly fires enough to turn ABS off. I have no grinding noise or anything sayings thats its a wheel bearing. could it be fireing cause i have a bad strutmount (An 80$ piece) i also have to replace the outer CV Boot on the same side. Thanks.

Dude, you wont have a grinding noise.... the wheel bearing has the sensor in it, that you cannot remove, the only fix is to replace the hub.

Have you taken it anywhere to have it hooked up to a computer? that will tell you where the problem is for sure.

nate2023
04-25-2007, 12:01 PM
I haven't yet put i'm also going to try and check the tire pressures, i heard someone say that they had a tire overfilled or something and it somehow spun faster, I'm thinkin its the passanger-front wheel hub, b/c everything else is dead on that side like tie rod end, broken CV boot, and strut mount. thanks for the info.

tenspeed
04-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Buy a hub, put the car up on ramps, plug the new hub into one wheel, start car. If the ABS and Trac Off lights are still on, try the other wheel.

Check out Rochester's www.TeamGI.com We had a meet last Sunday in Canandaigua.