Ignition Help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Help

Tank
04-24-2007, 10:32 AM
About 2 weeks ago my my ignition would not cut all the way off, would stop in the ACC position. Talked to a couple of mechanics and told me it was my ignition cylender. Got the new one this weekend had it coded and put it in yesterday, still the same problem. Anyone have any ideas abou twhat it could be before I slap somebody. Ive already spent around $200 bucks, so I want to try to make sure I have the right problem before I put anymore more money at it.

Lab Rat
04-24-2007, 12:09 PM
There is a cable from the shifter to the ignition. When in park the key can be turned off. I think that is your problem. Keep the ignition cylinder as they are very prone to wearing out and you already took care of that problem.

lvemy3100
04-24-2007, 12:12 PM
There is a cable from the shifter to the ignition. When in park the key can be turned off. I think that is your problem. Keep the ignition cylinder as they are very prone to wearing out and you already took care of that problem.

if this is the prob try jiggiling (sp?) the shifter handle back and forth until you hear a click.... or until the key can be turned....

HTH

Tank
04-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks guys :respekt: , that was the problem took all of 5 min to get it fixed.