Looking for a used vehicle [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a used vehicle

normal
05-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Hey all,

I am helping to look for a used vehicle for a friend... time is a little tight, but just wanted to gather ideas and opinions of where to go and/or what to buy. We are looking for something simple, ideally it needs to a mid-size sedan, obviously gas mileage is important. As always it really needs to be able to last at least the next 4-5 years with only minor repairs if at all possible. The budget is about $2500, give or take, and I know people here have much more experience and knowledge of other makes and models than I do. If you have any ideas of good models to look into, or some websites which have a wide selection, please post up. This will not be a vehicle to be modded or anything, it is just in the most basic sense, a vehicle to get from A to B without issues.

Some things that are absolutely necessary are:
1) Drivable, we do not have time or resources to put into getting a vehicle up and running
2) Not wrecked, some very very minor damage is okay, cant expect a showroom new vehicle for this much
3) Air Conditioning is a must, as is Heating
4) can be manual locks, windows, even transmission, although an automatic would be preferred if possible
5) Reliable, will be used as a daily driver around Raleigh for the summer, plus will be used to make trips every once in a while too.

Also, if anyone would be willing to run a carfax when we find something that would be much appreciated.
Thanks for all your help!!

GodsendGAGT
05-01-2007, 05:35 PM
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=220442385&dealer_id=55008993&car_year=1994&model=MUST&num_records=25&make3=PONT&make2=ACURA&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=used&distance=0&model3=GRNDAM&model2=INTEG&make=FORD&color=&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=36066&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=3000&cardist=652

Integras last forever i think lol plus they dont look bad and they keep there value

normal
05-01-2007, 05:44 PM
yeah, that is definitely true, it reminds me, we need something near Raleigh, NC (or within an hour or so of zip 27607)

Thanks again!!

Bryan
05-01-2007, 05:55 PM
I think it'd be smart to talk to some of your buddies and see if a family member or friend is selling a car. Most people that get some pretty reliable cars get a killer deal from family members/friends.

Just my .02. Good luck on the find. :)

geldartb
05-01-2007, 06:06 PM
ive seen 3 nice deals within the last 3 days, would be perfect for daily beaters. wish i had the money for at least one.

normal
05-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Thanks for all your help so far, we have a couple possibilities that we are considering, and one we are strongly considering is a 94 accord dx with 116k miles. Does anyone know any common issues with these cars? I will be looking through some honda forums soon and get a feel for the cars, but wanted to check and see if there was anything you guys might know. Also, we figure since accords are so common, it should be easier to get replacement parts for in the future.
If anyone could run the carfax on it that would be awesome, the VIN is 1HGCD5522RA026942

THanks again!!