kinda rough at idle [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : kinda rough at idle

GMMike
05-02-2007, 10:47 PM
I have a problem with my car that I can't seem to figure out. Everytime I'm idling it runs kinda rough. It doesn't miss either. I replaced many things on my car but I just list the things that might be related to the problem that I'm having: spark plugs (with ac delcos platinums) and wires, fuel filter, still fairly new air filter, pcv valve, and did a fuel system cleaning. The car has around 89K miles. What else could be causing this?

gectek
05-02-2007, 11:04 PM
vacuum leak, check all the intake gaskets, that is where i would start, that is what will mess with idle all the time, start with the TB first, make sure the gasket is tight and it is in one piece, then the UIM then all the vacuum lines...and the PVC hoses from the front and back valve covers.

GMMike
05-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Also forgot to mention that I replaced the fuel pressure regulator. And I don't have a SES light on.

gectek
05-03-2007, 08:32 PM
again i say vacuum leak. it wont always turn on the SES light and even though u dont have the SES light on doesnt mean you dont have a service code...get a good scan tool or go to a dealer or independent to get the codes read, but look at the vacuum leak direction first