SE and GT compability [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : SE and GT compability

Archangel
05-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Hi guys. I'm new here and have a few questions. I have a '99 SE and wanted to add a few GT goodies. Can I use the Ram Air box and dual-out muffler in my 4-banger SE? I don't want to pretend my car is a GT, so I won't be adding badges or anything. I just want to look better and thought about the GT wheels, painted mirrors, dual-out muffler and the ram air box for those extra cheap 2 or 3 hp. Can anyone help me?

Tank
05-06-2007, 12:33 PM
dont wast your money on the Ram Air like I did, as far as mufflers I would say Flowmaster 40, with 2.25" in and dual out. I would go with flat tips I have round and it's ok but dont realy flow with the car.

Ajaxus
05-06-2007, 12:41 PM
yep, i agree with tank. the ram air is more about the name than anything else on our cars, it's actually a very restrictive system and most of us GT'ers replace our ram air with cold air intakes.

gectek
05-06-2007, 01:17 PM
the RA setup wont fit the 4 cyl exactly anyway, but it is really close...just use some alum piping and itll fit, but i would recommend the CAI also

but if you want thr ra setup i have 1 for sale

kuecker_dj09
05-07-2007, 05:43 PM
get the SE mirrors off! those look like a pair of Mickey Mouse ears. the GT mirrors will fit on there just fine.

the exhaust is restrictive as well.....i would say got to the local muffler shop and have them take off the resonator and run 2.25" pipe out to a pair of w/e mufflers you want. i like flowmaster IMO

Rich
05-07-2007, 06:02 PM
there arent any SE or GT mirrors. theres the dual post and the mickey mouse ones. his GA is a 99 so he has the dual post so no worries about that.

Archangel
05-08-2007, 05:55 AM
I was thinking more like a OEM GT muffler, since my car has a 4-banger and is never going to be fast anyway. That's not the intention anyway. I want the dual-out look which will also increase power a little bit. It will fit, right? Thanks for the advice about the Ram Air. Although I think the factory set-up w/o RA is even more restrictive. Maybe if I find one really cheap... So, the mirrors are the same? Just that mine aren't body colored, right?

Rich
05-08-2007, 02:15 PM
the dual outs are just for looks, it wont increase power. the bigger piping would increase power. if you can get a good, cheap GT catback go for it, but it might be easier to go custom. i know dr.fabulous has GT exhaust so you could check out his car to see how it looks.

like gectek said the RA wont fit so i wouldnt really worry about that. i bet you could get a CAI pretty cheap.

yeah, you should have the dual post mirrors unless they got replaced for some reason, and right, GT's only got painted mirrors.

gectek
05-08-2007, 02:40 PM
actually my 02 GT had the mickey mouse mirrors and they werent painted either

pyro
05-08-2007, 07:28 PM
the mickey mouse mirrors were never painted.

Archangel
05-09-2007, 05:42 AM
Perhaps I should just find a GT and sell my SE... These are my mirrors: http://images.am-autoparts.com/item/262b789ed1.jpg