Front Passenger side Window Woes [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Front Passenger side Window Woes

yahuli
05-09-2007, 05:31 PM
I know that there's already a post for the rear doors, but the pics are gone.

Anyway, I went to roll down the passenger-side front electric window the other day and....nothing.

I would like to try tackling this on my own, but first of all...

1. Is this too difficult for an amature shadetree type of guy like myself?
2. Are there any usual culprets?
3. Any other things to look out for?
4. Pics- does anyone out there still have pics? (will happily give my email addy if some one is willing to send them - PM me for it)

Thanks in advance!

--Andy

DrFabulous
05-09-2007, 05:37 PM
It's not hard at all, takes about 10 minutes for me, plan for 1/2 hour for your first time. It's most likely your window clips, and you'll have to buy a whole new regulator and everything to replace it.

Oh, and this section isn't for asking questions, its for posting how-tos.

GMMike
05-09-2007, 05:42 PM
http://www.a1electric.com/grandam.htm That link on that tread worked for me.

yahuli
05-10-2007, 01:35 AM
It's not hard at all, takes about 10 minutes for me, plan for 1/2 hour for your first time. It's most likely your window clips, and you'll have to buy a whole new regulator and everything to replace it.

Oh, and this section isn't for asking questions, its for posting how-tos.

Thanks- sorry that I posted in the wrong area :\

It does look like an easy project. The fact that it's all one piece appears to simplify matters.

Also, thanks for the link to A1 Electric, utimike! It is very doubtful that I could get the parts at a local salvage yard for much cheaper than that- and this is NEW!

Again, I apologize for posting in the wrong place. When I tackle this job (likely sometime next month), I'll be sure to take pics along the way and create my own noob how-to.